Dec 11, 2009, 7:30 PM EDT
We’re not going to be without Peter Gammons. Indeed, if anything, we’re going to see a better, more comfortable Peter Gammons next season covering beats he truly loves for NESN and MLB.com. But his departure from ESPN is notable given that, for many of us, it is only though ESPN that we know of him and his work.
Peter says goodbye today, and anyone who cares about baseball should read it. He truly is one of the best.
Good luck with the new gig, Peter.
- 2015 Preview: Minnesota Twins 0
- 2015 Preview: Philadelphia Phillies 17
- 2015 Preview: Cincinnati Reds 42
- The average Major League Baseball salary this year will be more than $4 million — a record 22
- 2015 Preview: Tampa Bay Rays 20
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 70
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 8
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 69
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (91)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (90)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)