Dec 11, 2009, 2:15 PM EDT
Via MLB Trade Rumors comes word that St. Louis has made Matt Holliday a formal offer. No terms were mentioned. The team gave Boras 48 hours to respond. I take it that this means that the Cardinals are trying to get the hell on with their offseason.
How much you wanna bet that Boras (a) takes 72 hours; and (b) rejects the offer, citing St. Louis’ “unwillingness to negotiate” or something like that?
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 3
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 75
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 76
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 70
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 102
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (103)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (102)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)
- Jonathan Papelbon blows save, gets ejected for making rude gesture at booing crowd (77)