Dec 11, 2009, 2:15 PM EDT
Via MLB Trade Rumors comes word that St. Louis has made Matt Holliday a formal offer. No terms were mentioned. The team gave Boras 48 hours to respond. I take it that this means that the Cardinals are trying to get the hell on with their offseason.
How much you wanna bet that Boras (a) takes 72 hours; and (b) rejects the offer, citing St. Louis’ “unwillingness to negotiate” or something like that?
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 51
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 16
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 114
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 54
- Pete Rose will be allowed to participate in All-Star Game festivities 69
- Career over? Joe Nathan needs Tommy John surgery 31
- Contact and controversy in the ninth inning of last night’s Dodgers-Giants game 54
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (115)