Dec 11, 2009, 2:15 PM EDT
Via MLB Trade Rumors comes word that St. Louis has made Matt Holliday a formal offer. No terms were mentioned. The team gave Boras 48 hours to respond. I take it that this means that the Cardinals are trying to get the hell on with their offseason.
How much you wanna bet that Boras (a) takes 72 hours; and (b) rejects the offer, citing St. Louis’ “unwillingness to negotiate” or something like that?
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 16
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 60
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 11
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Brandon Phillips: “How the [expletive] am I declining?” (61)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)