Dec 11, 2009, 2:15 PM EDT
Via MLB Trade Rumors comes word that St. Louis has made Matt Holliday a formal offer. No terms were mentioned. The team gave Boras 48 hours to respond. I take it that this means that the Cardinals are trying to get the hell on with their offseason.
How much you wanna bet that Boras (a) takes 72 hours; and (b) rejects the offer, citing St. Louis’ “unwillingness to negotiate” or something like that?
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 10
- Adrian Beltre needs just five innings for the third cycle of his career 8
- Mets blow out Marlins, move past Nationals for first place in NL East 17
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 72
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 87
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 79
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 65
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 13
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)