Dec 11, 2009, 9:58 AM EDT
To be fair, though, Tony Pena, Jr. is a better pitcher than he is a shortstop. I mean, the Royals decided that Yuniesky Betancourt was a better option at short last year, and he was just about the worst player in all of baseball. And you know what? The Royals were right to think he was the better option.
Anyway, the Giants just inked Pena to a minor league deal. Hard to say if he’ll make it. He pitched decently in the low minors after he was converted, but he’s struggling in the Dominican Winter League right now. Still, I’d like to see him succeed as a pitcher just because random stories about shortstops turning into relievers is the sort of thing that makes me love this game.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 60
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 6
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 67
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (83)