Dec 11, 2009, 12:24 PM EDT
Though the Phillies may be the frontrunners for Roy Halladay, Buster Olney reports that the Blue Jays are demanding the same package from them that they were demanding last summer: Kyle Drabek, J.A. Happ, outfielder Dominic Brown and others.
Can someone tell them that, last summer, Halladay could have been available for the final couple months of the season and the playoffs? And that he hadn’t yet started putting the screws to the Jays to move him before spring training?
It still sounds like the Phillies can get a deal done, but what’s with Toronto anyway? Do they not have the concept of leverage and value in Canada? Is this some quirk of the exchange rate I’m not hip to?
- How’d he do that? Magician Maddux fooled hitters all the way to Hall 5
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 45
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 35
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 14
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 193
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 22
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 35
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 35
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (193)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)