Dec 11, 2009, 12:24 PM EDT
Though the Phillies may be the frontrunners for Roy Halladay, Buster Olney reports that the Blue Jays are demanding the same package from them that they were demanding last summer: Kyle Drabek, J.A. Happ, outfielder Dominic Brown and others.
Can someone tell them that, last summer, Halladay could have been available for the final couple months of the season and the playoffs? And that he hadn’t yet started putting the screws to the Jays to move him before spring training?
It still sounds like the Phillies can get a deal done, but what’s with Toronto anyway? Do they not have the concept of leverage and value in Canada? Is this some quirk of the exchange rate I’m not hip to?
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? 60
- John Hart to be named Braves President of Baseball Operations 3
- No, Ned Yost didn’t “out-manage” Bruce Bochy. His players played better 69
- At least Hunter Strickland entertained us last night 35
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 38
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 9
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 10
- HBT Daily: Are the Royals doomed, doomed, doomed? 11
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The Royals asked a fan in Marlins gear to change his shirt last night. He refused. (86)