Dec 11, 2009, 12:24 PM EDT
Though the Phillies may be the frontrunners for Roy Halladay, Buster Olney reports that the Blue Jays are demanding the same package from them that they were demanding last summer: Kyle Drabek, J.A. Happ, outfielder Dominic Brown and others.
Can someone tell them that, last summer, Halladay could have been available for the final couple months of the season and the playoffs? And that he hadn’t yet started putting the screws to the Jays to move him before spring training?
It still sounds like the Phillies can get a deal done, but what’s with Toronto anyway? Do they not have the concept of leverage and value in Canada? Is this some quirk of the exchange rate I’m not hip to?
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 22
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 15
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno 78
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 53
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 61
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 54
- Today is the day: Marlins ace Jose Fernandez returns from Tommy John surgery 4
- A-Rod, the Yankees and the union in talks to direct his $6 million home run bonus to charity 29
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (280)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)