Dec 11, 2009, 12:24 PM EDT
Though the Phillies may be the frontrunners for Roy Halladay, Buster Olney reports that the Blue Jays are demanding the same package from them that they were demanding last summer: Kyle Drabek, J.A. Happ, outfielder Dominic Brown and others.
Can someone tell them that, last summer, Halladay could have been available for the final couple months of the season and the playoffs? And that he hadn’t yet started putting the screws to the Jays to move him before spring training?
It still sounds like the Phillies can get a deal done, but what’s with Toronto anyway? Do they not have the concept of leverage and value in Canada? Is this some quirk of the exchange rate I’m not hip to?
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 0
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 3
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 11
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 49
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 10
- Vin Scully says 2016 will be his last season of broadcasting 30
- Edwin Encarnacion slugs three home runs as Blue Jays thrash Tigers 18
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 14
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (264)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)