Dec 11, 2009, 1:32 PM EST
The Royals were pretty quiet at the Winter Meetings. I guess staying at a Hampton Inn out in Mooresville will do that (‘Hey, it’s cheap and it’s got a spiffy name! Let’s stay there,” Dayton said). Aside from some mild pursuit of Jason Kendall and Brett Gardner, the biggest news involving Kasnas City dealt with the Rule 5 Draft, and that’s more or less nothin.’
But they brought the noise this morning, signing Bruce Chen, Adam Bostick, Devon Lowery, Francisco Rosario, Ernesto Mejia and catcher Vance Wilson to minor league deals.
To those of you wondering if the news suddenly gets slow once the Winter Meetings end, I say this: yes, yes it does. It gets very slow.
- Media paying for athlete interviews? Not likely. But watch this stuff closely anyway. 8
- Rockies acquire Brett Anderson from A’s 12
- D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 64
- Ranking MLB managers by . . . handsomeness 81
- Curtis Granderson: “A lot of people have told me real New Yorkers are Mets fans” 61
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi (110)