Dec 11, 2009, 1:32 PM EST
The Royals were pretty quiet at the Winter Meetings. I guess staying at a Hampton Inn out in Mooresville will do that (‘Hey, it’s cheap and it’s got a spiffy name! Let’s stay there,” Dayton said). Aside from some mild pursuit of Jason Kendall and Brett Gardner, the biggest news involving Kasnas City dealt with the Rule 5 Draft, and that’s more or less nothin.’
But they brought the noise this morning, signing Bruce Chen, Adam Bostick, Devon Lowery, Francisco Rosario, Ernesto Mejia and catcher Vance Wilson to minor league deals.
To those of you wondering if the news suddenly gets slow once the Winter Meetings end, I say this: yes, yes it does. It gets very slow.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)