Dec 11, 2009, 1:32 PM EDT
The Royals were pretty quiet at the Winter Meetings. I guess staying at a Hampton Inn out in Mooresville will do that (‘Hey, it’s cheap and it’s got a spiffy name! Let’s stay there,” Dayton said). Aside from some mild pursuit of Jason Kendall and Brett Gardner, the biggest news involving Kasnas City dealt with the Rule 5 Draft, and that’s more or less nothin.’
But they brought the noise this morning, signing Bruce Chen, Adam Bostick, Devon Lowery, Francisco Rosario, Ernesto Mejia and catcher Vance Wilson to minor league deals.
To those of you wondering if the news suddenly gets slow once the Winter Meetings end, I say this: yes, yes it does. It gets very slow.
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 0
- Update: Luis Avilan loses Aaron Harang’s no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 3
- Pirates acquire Ike Davis in a trade with the Mets 36
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 49
- VIDEO: The Yankees turned a triple play against the Rays 24
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)