Dec 11, 2009, 1:39 PM EDT
Paul Sullivan of the Tribune tweets that the Sox and Putz have reached a one-year deal (Update: it’s for $3 million; Update #2: Another $3 million in games-finished incentives too). Putz was an elite closer a couple of years ago but declined big in 2008 and even bigger in 2009, ending the season with a tear in his UCL — which I thought was some sort of mixed martial arts league until I Googled it — back in August.
If he can show he’s healthy and regains at least part of his form from a couple of years ago it will likely inspire Bobby Jenks to start going to Curves in the afternoons before games.
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 1
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 10
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 22
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 11
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 79
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 91
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (110)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (92)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)