Dec 12, 2009, 11:53 AM EST
As expected, the Rockies will non-tender third baseman Garrett Atkins on Saturday.
Atkins, who turns 30 today (Happy
Birthday, Garrett!), batted .226/.308/.342 with nine home runs and 48
RBI last season, losing his hold on the starting third base job to Ian
Stewart by June.
Atkins was featured in my “Non-tender tango” series two weeks ago, and my early suspicion is that the Orioles would be a good fit.
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 69
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 85
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 37
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 14
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 63
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot (120)
- Today’s specious anti-Mike Piazza-for-the-Hall-Fame argument (96)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year (85)