Dec 12, 2009, 11:53 AM EDT
As expected, the Rockies will non-tender third baseman Garrett Atkins on Saturday.
Atkins, who turns 30 today (Happy
Birthday, Garrett!), batted .226/.308/.342 with nine home runs and 48
RBI last season, losing his hold on the starting third base job to Ian
Stewart by June.
Atkins was featured in my “Non-tender tango” series two weeks ago, and my early suspicion is that the Orioles would be a good fit.
- REPORT: The Astros to name A.J. Hinch their new manager today 15
- Twins fire manager Ron Gardenhire 33
- Pouliot’s 2014 American League awards picks 15
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs 79
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 83
- Reds beat Pirates behind Johnny Cueto, hand National League Central title to St. Louis 20
- Video: Steven Souza Jr. makes sensational catch to secure Jordan Zimmermann’s no-no 24
- David Price dominates Twins as Tigers win AL Central 30
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (84)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (79)
- Bud Selig says A-Rod will “have a clean slate” once his suspension is over (78)