Dec 12, 2009, 11:53 AM EDT
As expected, the Rockies will non-tender third baseman Garrett Atkins on Saturday.
Atkins, who turns 30 today (Happy
Birthday, Garrett!), batted .226/.308/.342 with nine home runs and 48
RBI last season, losing his hold on the starting third base job to Ian
Stewart by June.
Atkins was featured in my “Non-tender tango” series two weeks ago, and my early suspicion is that the Orioles would be a good fit.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 34
- MLB suspends Jonathan Papelbon seven games for incident during Sunday’s game 42
- VIDEO: Jacob deGrom begins game with eight straight strikeouts to tie MLB record 11
- Bud Selig says MLB and players union will meet this week about domestic abuse policy 8
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 67
- Cuban slugger Yasmani Tomas to command $100 million? 30
- Bruce and Brett Bochy make MLB history 33
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 17
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)