Dec 12, 2009, 6:12 PM EDT
Updating a previous item, a major league source told WEEI.com that a mystery team has exceeded four years for free agent outfielder Jason Bay.
The only two known offers at this point:
Four-years, $60 million – Red Sox
Four-years, $63 million – Mets
After agent Joe Urbon’s comments earlier today
and the skepticism following the Mets’ initial offer, it doesn’t take a
huge leap of logic to think the offer came from Omar Minaya and
company. I suppose we can’t dismiss the Mariners, either, though it’s hard to believe they would be that silly.
My big question is that if Bay somehow manages to squeeze five
years and $80 million out of somebody, how much does Matt Holliday make?
- MLB hands down the suspensions for Tuesday night’s Dodgers-Diamondbacks melee (111)
- Neil deGrasse Tyson explains why beanball wars are stupid (104)
- Democrats beat the Republicans 22-0 in the Congressional Baseball Game (98)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (88)
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- Underseeded? Nadal draws No. 5 at Wimbledon
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead