Dec 12, 2009, 6:12 PM EST
Updating a previous item, a major league source told WEEI.com that a mystery team has exceeded four years for free agent outfielder Jason Bay.
The only two known offers at this point:
Four-years, $60 million – Red Sox
Four-years, $63 million – Mets
After agent Joe Urbon’s comments earlier today
and the skepticism following the Mets’ initial offer, it doesn’t take a
huge leap of logic to think the offer came from Omar Minaya and
company. I suppose we can’t dismiss the Mariners, either, though it’s hard to believe they would be that silly.
My big question is that if Bay somehow manages to squeeze five
years and $80 million out of somebody, how much does Matt Holliday make?
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran 54
- Mike Napoli agrees to two-year, $32 million deal with Red Sox 20
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 66
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners 256
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (256)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (101)
- Robinson Cano signing only bad if the Mariners stop now (93)