Dec 12, 2009, 6:12 PM EDT
Updating a previous item, a major league source told WEEI.com that a mystery team has exceeded four years for free agent outfielder Jason Bay.
The only two known offers at this point:
Four-years, $60 million – Red Sox
Four-years, $63 million – Mets
After agent Joe Urbon’s comments earlier today
and the skepticism following the Mets’ initial offer, it doesn’t take a
huge leap of logic to think the offer came from Omar Minaya and
company. I suppose we can’t dismiss the Mariners, either, though it’s hard to believe they would be that silly.
My big question is that if Bay somehow manages to squeeze five
years and $80 million out of somebody, how much does Matt Holliday make?
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 17
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 54
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 47
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 95
- Who really owns a home run ball? 65
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 130
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” 130
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (130)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (130)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)