Dec 12, 2009, 6:12 PM EDT
Updating a previous item, a major league source told WEEI.com that a mystery team has exceeded four years for free agent outfielder Jason Bay.
The only two known offers at this point:
Four-years, $60 million – Red Sox
Four-years, $63 million – Mets
After agent Joe Urbon’s comments earlier today
and the skepticism following the Mets’ initial offer, it doesn’t take a
huge leap of logic to think the offer came from Omar Minaya and
company. I suppose we can’t dismiss the Mariners, either, though it’s hard to believe they would be that silly.
My big question is that if Bay somehow manages to squeeze five
years and $80 million out of somebody, how much does Matt Holliday make?
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 20
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 102
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 73
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 27
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 67
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (202)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (102)
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” (97)