Dec 13, 2009, 11:33 AM EDT
Iwamura, who was traded from the Rays to the Pirates last month, took out a full-page ad in Sunday’s edition of the St.
Petersburg Times, thanking the fans of Tampa Bay:
“I hope you’ll remember me with good thoughts for my efforts on the
field and even for my “Rayhawk” haircut during our run to the World
Series,” he says.
That’s just a small part of his classy goodbye. For those interested, check it out in-full here.
- Dodgers announce Vin Scully will return for 2015 season 4
- Jon Lester scratched Wednesday amid trade speculation 7
- Rays are “talking and willing” to trade ace lefty David Price; Cardinals and Dodgers interested 27
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels 58
- Matt Cain is going to pay a visit to Dr. Andrews 4
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode 78
- The Red Sox are expected to deal Jon Lester and the Pirates are a “dark horse” 36
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (189)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (101)
- Ray Rice is awful, but let’s not pretend baseball has a great record on domestic violence (91)