Dec 13, 2009, 11:33 AM EDT
Iwamura, who was traded from the Rays to the Pirates last month, took out a full-page ad in Sunday’s edition of the St.
Petersburg Times, thanking the fans of Tampa Bay:
“I hope you’ll remember me with good thoughts for my efforts on the
field and even for my “Rayhawk” haircut during our run to the World
Series,” he says.
That’s just a small part of his classy goodbye. For those interested, check it out in-full here.
- The Cubs to announce the hiring of Joe Maddon on Monday 38
- Cubs fire manager Rick Renteria, clear way for Joe Maddon 69
- HardballTalk’s Top 150 Free Agents for 2015 24
- Joe Maddon’s pursuit of the Cubs job called “a classless act” by some in the game 121
- Kevin Youkilis opts for retirement at age 35 31
- 10 nominees for Hall of Fame’s Veterans Committee announced 108
- Bochy’s championship resume ranks among game’s best 19
- Alex Gordon would have been a dead duck had he tried to score 83
- A veteran says enough is enough when it comes to tributes for the soldiers (282)
- Jose Canseco shot his middle finger off (148)
- Oscar Taveras dies after car accident in the Dominican Republic (140)
- Joe Maddon’s pursuit of the Cubs job called “a classless act” by some in the game (132)
- Fox’s World Series broadcast gets a low grade from The New York Times (111)