Dec 13, 2009, 11:33 AM EDT
Iwamura, who was traded from the Rays to the Pirates last month, took out a full-page ad in Sunday’s edition of the St.
Petersburg Times, thanking the fans of Tampa Bay:
“I hope you’ll remember me with good thoughts for my efforts on the
field and even for my “Rayhawk” haircut during our run to the World
Series,” he says.
That’s just a small part of his classy goodbye. For those interested, check it out in-full here.
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 0
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 8
- Vin Scully says 2016 will be his last season of broadcasting 23
- Edwin Encarnacion slugs three home runs as Blue Jays thrash Tigers 17
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 13
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 23
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 43
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 11
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (264)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)