Dec 13, 2009, 11:33 AM EDT
Iwamura, who was traded from the Rays to the Pirates last month, took out a full-page ad in Sunday’s edition of the St.
Petersburg Times, thanking the fans of Tampa Bay:
“I hope you’ll remember me with good thoughts for my efforts on the
field and even for my “Rayhawk” haircut during our run to the World
Series,” he says.
That’s just a small part of his classy goodbye. For those interested, check it out in-full here.
- Settling the Score: Sunday’s results — and a reminder of what Labor Day is all about 29
- Reds trade setup man Jonathan Broxton to the Brewers 16
- Miguel Cabrera sits Sunday with nagging ankle injury 13
- A’s acquire veteran slugger Adam Dunn from the White Sox 54
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 18
- Orioles acquire Kelly Johnson from the Red Sox 15
- Orioles acquire Alejandro De Aza from the White Sox 6
- Bryce Harper is 15th player in MLB history to reach 50 career homers before age-22 season 31
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)