Dec 13, 2009, 11:33 AM EDT
Iwamura, who was traded from the Rays to the Pirates last month, took out a full-page ad in Sunday’s edition of the St.
Petersburg Times, thanking the fans of Tampa Bay:
“I hope you’ll remember me with good thoughts for my efforts on the
field and even for my “Rayhawk” haircut during our run to the World
Series,” he says.
That’s just a small part of his classy goodbye. For those interested, check it out in-full here.
- Pete Rose joins FOX as a baseball analyst 12
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 55
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 28
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 26
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 46
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 48
- Let’s all just stare at Kris Bryant’s numbers for a while 28
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 39
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)