Dec 14, 2009, 10:30 AM EDT
So reports Tony Massarotti in the Globe over the weekend. Apparently it was derailed by health concerns on the part of the Sox’ medical staff. Specifically, the part of the medical staff — Mike Reinold — who was just promoted to head trainer, which may be part of what is firming up the Sox’ resolve against giving Bay any more than the four years, $60 million they’ve offered.
As of now, the Sox aren’t budging and Bay is “ready to move on.”
If I’m the Sox I let him. For as good as he is right now, I can’t see the percentage in paying him eight figures in 2014. Let the Mets take that gamble.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)