Dec 14, 2009, 12:45 PM EDT
John Heyman reports that Cliff Lee is willing to do an extension with the Phillies, and that that wild idea of Rosenthal’s about Philly maybe trading Lee right now isn’t happening, but that if the Phillies want Lee beyond 2010, it’s gonna cost them: $23 million a year. No hometown discount.
Lee thinks he’s worth Sabathia money. Maybe he is on an annual basis on a short deal, but I can’t help but think we’ve seen his best. This will obviously be a big year for him.
- “Final Vote” balloting opens for 2015 MLB All-Star Game 18
- Pitchers and reserves for 2015 MLB All-Star Game announced 49
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 50
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 103
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 20
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 9
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 40
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (103)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)