Dec 14, 2009, 12:45 PM EDT
John Heyman reports that Cliff Lee is willing to do an extension with the Phillies, and that that wild idea of Rosenthal’s about Philly maybe trading Lee right now isn’t happening, but that if the Phillies want Lee beyond 2010, it’s gonna cost them: $23 million a year. No hometown discount.
Lee thinks he’s worth Sabathia money. Maybe he is on an annual basis on a short deal, but I can’t help but think we’ve seen his best. This will obviously be a big year for him.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 0
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter passes Carl Yastrzemski for seventh on all-time hits list 23
- Ray Rice is awful, but let’s not pretend baseball has a great record on domestic violence 78
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 50
- Mariners’ interest in Matt Kemp is “very real” 29
- Astros players upset over Mark Appel’s promotion to Double-A, bullpen session in Houston 45
- Four theories about the Hall of Fame voting changes 24
- Troy Tulowitzki is visiting a sports hernia surgeon 10
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)
- Ten years ago today the Alex Rodriguez-Jason Varitek brawl changed the narrative of the Sox-Yankees rivalry (88)