Dec 14, 2009, 12:45 PM EST
John Heyman reports that Cliff Lee is willing to do an extension with the Phillies, and that that wild idea of Rosenthal’s about Philly maybe trading Lee right now isn’t happening, but that if the Phillies want Lee beyond 2010, it’s gonna cost them: $23 million a year. No hometown discount.
Lee thinks he’s worth Sabathia money. Maybe he is on an annual basis on a short deal, but I can’t help but think we’ve seen his best. This will obviously be a big year for him.
- Keith Law Ranks the Farm Systems: Yay for Chicago! Boo for Detroit! 0
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 153
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 10
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 33
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 36
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (153)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (94)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)