Dec 14, 2009, 12:45 PM EST
John Heyman reports that Cliff Lee is willing to do an extension with the Phillies, and that that wild idea of Rosenthal’s about Philly maybe trading Lee right now isn’t happening, but that if the Phillies want Lee beyond 2010, it’s gonna cost them: $23 million a year. No hometown discount.
Lee thinks he’s worth Sabathia money. Maybe he is on an annual basis on a short deal, but I can’t help but think we’ve seen his best. This will obviously be a big year for him.
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 65
- Curt Schilling goes after Obama, says Ronald Reagan would watch “The Interview” (227)
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot (120)
- Today’s specious anti-Mike Piazza-for-the-Hall-Fame argument (96)
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year (86)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)