Dec 14, 2009, 3:31 PM EST
Craig Counsell has officially re-signed with the Brewers, getting a one-year deal worth $2.1 million in guaranteed money and another $500,000 in incentives based on playing time.
Counsell made $1.5 million in 2009 while having one of the best seasons of his career and rightfully gets slightly more than fellow left-handed-hitting utility infielder Alex Cora, who re-signed with the Mets last month for $2 million.
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 0
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 54
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27