Dec 14, 2009, 3:31 PM EDT
Craig Counsell has officially re-signed with the Brewers, getting a one-year deal worth $2.1 million in guaranteed money and another $500,000 in incentives based on playing time.
Counsell made $1.5 million in 2009 while having one of the best seasons of his career and rightfully gets slightly more than fellow left-handed-hitting utility infielder Alex Cora, who re-signed with the Mets last month for $2 million.
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 3
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 209
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 47
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 91
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (211)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (121)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)