Dec 14, 2009, 12:01 PM EST
I put this in the form of a question, because the very guy tweeting qualifies it. It’s FanHouse’s Ed Price who is tweeting the Lackey-Sox rumor, but his own tweet says he’s “Working to confirm.” Price is a nice fellow, but he’s been a bit quick on the draw before. Such as last week when he tweeted that the Mets had acquired Edwin Jackson, when they most certainly did not.
Who knows if this has any legs?
Here’s a take I can get on board with: From Tim Dierkes at MLB Trade Rumors, talking directly to Price about whether it’s right and proper to tweet this sort of thing as news when the story isn’t even confirmed yet: “Glad you trust the source…but Twitter is the web…I think it should have the same standard reqs that a FanHouse story does.”
UPDATE: Now ESPN is reporting it too.
- Grant Balfour’s deal with Orioles in “serious jeopardy” due to shoulder issue 10
- Report: Rakuten will not allow Masahiro Tanaka come to the United States 62
- Mariners showing “continued interest” in Ervin Santana 10
- Happy Birthday, Ty Cobb! 89
- Dodgers re-sign left-handed reliever J.P. Howell to a two-year, $11.5 million contract 4