Dec 14, 2009, 12:01 PM EDT
I put this in the form of a question, because the very guy tweeting qualifies it. It’s FanHouse’s Ed Price who is tweeting the Lackey-Sox rumor, but his own tweet says he’s “Working to confirm.” Price is a nice fellow, but he’s been a bit quick on the draw before. Such as last week when he tweeted that the Mets had acquired Edwin Jackson, when they most certainly did not.
Who knows if this has any legs?
Here’s a take I can get on board with: From Tim Dierkes at MLB Trade Rumors, talking directly to Price about whether it’s right and proper to tweet this sort of thing as news when the story isn’t even confirmed yet: “Glad you trust the source…but Twitter is the web…I think it should have the same standard reqs that a FanHouse story does.”
UPDATE: Now ESPN is reporting it too.
- Bochy’s championship resume ranks among game’s best 1
- Alex Gordon would have been a dead duck had he tried to score 35
- Video: Pablo Sandoval catches final out in foul territory, Giants win 2014 World Series 9
- Madison Bumgarner pitches the Giants to their third World Series win in five seasons 78
- Madison Bumgarner named World Series MVP … obviously 19
- Pablo Sandoval sets new postseason hits record 8
- There’s nothing better than a Game 7? Well, maybe there is. 23
- Report: Cubs hire Joe Maddon as manager 63
- A veteran says enough is enough when it comes to tributes for the soldiers (277)
- Jose Canseco shot his middle finger off (146)
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (142)
- Oscar Taveras dies after car accident in the Dominican Republic (140)
- 10-0! The Royals romp, tie it up at three games a piece (109)