Dec 14, 2009, 12:01 PM EDT
I put this in the form of a question, because the very guy tweeting qualifies it. It’s FanHouse’s Ed Price who is tweeting the Lackey-Sox rumor, but his own tweet says he’s “Working to confirm.” Price is a nice fellow, but he’s been a bit quick on the draw before. Such as last week when he tweeted that the Mets had acquired Edwin Jackson, when they most certainly did not.
Who knows if this has any legs?
Here’s a take I can get on board with: From Tim Dierkes at MLB Trade Rumors, talking directly to Price about whether it’s right and proper to tweet this sort of thing as news when the story isn’t even confirmed yet: “Glad you trust the source…but Twitter is the web…I think it should have the same standard reqs that a FanHouse story does.”
UPDATE: Now ESPN is reporting it too.
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 0
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 4
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 9
- HBT Daily: Are the Royals doomed, doomed, doomed? 11
- Giants inhaling the air of superiority after Game 1 7
- What’s in a name? “Big Game” James did not come up big for Kansas City 22
- World Series Reset: The Royals look to pick themselves up off the mat 8
- Royals’ World Series hopes in Yordano Ventura’s hands 7
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (121)
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (120)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (95)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)