Dec 14, 2009, 12:01 PM EDT
I put this in the form of a question, because the very guy tweeting qualifies it. It’s FanHouse’s Ed Price who is tweeting the Lackey-Sox rumor, but his own tweet says he’s “Working to confirm.” Price is a nice fellow, but he’s been a bit quick on the draw before. Such as last week when he tweeted that the Mets had acquired Edwin Jackson, when they most certainly did not.
Who knows if this has any legs?
Here’s a take I can get on board with: From Tim Dierkes at MLB Trade Rumors, talking directly to Price about whether it’s right and proper to tweet this sort of thing as news when the story isn’t even confirmed yet: “Glad you trust the source…but Twitter is the web…I think it should have the same standard reqs that a FanHouse story does.”
UPDATE: Now ESPN is reporting it too.
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 1
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 4
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 13
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 52
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 10
- Vin Scully says 2016 will be his last season of broadcasting 30
- Edwin Encarnacion slugs three home runs as Blue Jays thrash Tigers 18
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 14
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)