Dec 14, 2009, 3:15 PM EDT
Ken Rosenthal is reporting that Jamey Carroll has multiple multi-year offers on the table.
Blogmate Matthew Pouliot ranks Carroll as the 73rd most desirable free agent on the market right now, so we can totally expect the floodgates to open after he signs. I mean, all anybody could talk about in Indy last week was how Austin Kearns and Gabe Gross were going to have to wait for Carroll to make his move before they could make their markets. No one could really make any plans, we were so keyed up on the Carroll-watch.
But I kid Jamey Carroll. He’s a useful player with good on-base ability. I don’t know that he’s the kind of guy you give two years to — there are at least five guys like him available every winter — but he’s a nice enough player to have on your bench. Plus: he’s my age, and as long as guys my age are still getting jobs in baseball, I won’t feel old.
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 22
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 21
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 38
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 6
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 23
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)