Dec 14, 2009, 3:15 PM EDT
Ken Rosenthal is reporting that Jamey Carroll has multiple multi-year offers on the table.
Blogmate Matthew Pouliot ranks Carroll as the 73rd most desirable free agent on the market right now, so we can totally expect the floodgates to open after he signs. I mean, all anybody could talk about in Indy last week was how Austin Kearns and Gabe Gross were going to have to wait for Carroll to make his move before they could make their markets. No one could really make any plans, we were so keyed up on the Carroll-watch.
But I kid Jamey Carroll. He’s a useful player with good on-base ability. I don’t know that he’s the kind of guy you give two years to — there are at least five guys like him available every winter — but he’s a nice enough player to have on your bench. Plus: he’s my age, and as long as guys my age are still getting jobs in baseball, I won’t feel old.
- Mike Minor loses his no-hit bid with two outs in the eighth 4
- Manny Machado to undergo season-ending knee surgery 25
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare 219
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million 95
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 31
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 12
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 14
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 92
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (235)
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Even if he’s reinstated, does Pete Rose make the Hall of Fame? (86)