Dec 14, 2009, 3:15 PM EDT
Ken Rosenthal is reporting that Jamey Carroll has multiple multi-year offers on the table.
Blogmate Matthew Pouliot ranks Carroll as the 73rd most desirable free agent on the market right now, so we can totally expect the floodgates to open after he signs. I mean, all anybody could talk about in Indy last week was how Austin Kearns and Gabe Gross were going to have to wait for Carroll to make his move before they could make their markets. No one could really make any plans, we were so keyed up on the Carroll-watch.
But I kid Jamey Carroll. He’s a useful player with good on-base ability. I don’t know that he’s the kind of guy you give two years to — there are at least five guys like him available every winter — but he’s a nice enough player to have on your bench. Plus: he’s my age, and as long as guys my age are still getting jobs in baseball, I won’t feel old.
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 8
- Vin Scully says 2016 will be his last season of broadcasting 18
- Edwin Encarnacion slugs three home runs as Blue Jays thrash Tigers 14
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 13
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 22
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 43
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 11
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik 79
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (263)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)