Dec 14, 2009, 3:15 PM EST
Ken Rosenthal is reporting that Jamey Carroll has multiple multi-year offers on the table.
Blogmate Matthew Pouliot ranks Carroll as the 73rd most desirable free agent on the market right now, so we can totally expect the floodgates to open after he signs. I mean, all anybody could talk about in Indy last week was how Austin Kearns and Gabe Gross were going to have to wait for Carroll to make his move before they could make their markets. No one could really make any plans, we were so keyed up on the Carroll-watch.
But I kid Jamey Carroll. He’s a useful player with good on-base ability. I don’t know that he’s the kind of guy you give two years to — there are at least five guys like him available every winter — but he’s a nice enough player to have on your bench. Plus: he’s my age, and as long as guys my age are still getting jobs in baseball, I won’t feel old.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 7
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 10
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 295
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (295)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)