Dec 14, 2009, 3:15 PM EDT
Ken Rosenthal is reporting that Jamey Carroll has multiple multi-year offers on the table.
Blogmate Matthew Pouliot ranks Carroll as the 73rd most desirable free agent on the market right now, so we can totally expect the floodgates to open after he signs. I mean, all anybody could talk about in Indy last week was how Austin Kearns and Gabe Gross were going to have to wait for Carroll to make his move before they could make their markets. No one could really make any plans, we were so keyed up on the Carroll-watch.
But I kid Jamey Carroll. He’s a useful player with good on-base ability. I don’t know that he’s the kind of guy you give two years to — there are at least five guys like him available every winter — but he’s a nice enough player to have on your bench. Plus: he’s my age, and as long as guys my age are still getting jobs in baseball, I won’t feel old.
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 10
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 47
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 28
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 58
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 59
- Andy MacPhail introduced by the Phillies. And the first topic of conversation is sabermetrics 20
- What a world: Orioles are in first place and Ubaldo Jimenez has been their ace 16
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results 99
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (275)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (109)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)