Dec 14, 2009, 4:25 PM EST
Jayson Stark and Jerry Crasnick are reporting that the Red Sox have reached a tentative deal with Lackey, and that it’s “worth slightly more than the $82.5 million, five-year contract A.J. Burnett signed with the New York Yankees last year.” This jibes with what Aaron was hearing earlier.
Lackey. Matsui. Halladay. Lee. Remember this morning when I said that nothin’ was happening today? Yeah, forget that.
- Someone apparently got Jayson Werth’s autograph in jail 8
- Chris Davis opens up about his Adderall suspension: “It was a moment of weakness” 50
- MLB.com names Byron Buxton as baseball’s top prospect for second straight year 32
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 101
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 48
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 39
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants (100)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)