Dec 14, 2009, 4:25 PM EST
Jayson Stark and Jerry Crasnick are reporting that the Red Sox have reached a tentative deal with Lackey, and that it’s “worth slightly more than the $82.5 million, five-year contract A.J. Burnett signed with the New York Yankees last year.” This jibes with what Aaron was hearing earlier.
Lackey. Matsui. Halladay. Lee. Remember this morning when I said that nothin’ was happening today? Yeah, forget that.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 306
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (306)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (121)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)