Dec 14, 2009, 4:25 PM EDT
Jayson Stark and Jerry Crasnick are reporting that the Red Sox have reached a tentative deal with Lackey, and that it’s “worth slightly more than the $82.5 million, five-year contract A.J. Burnett signed with the New York Yankees last year.” This jibes with what Aaron was hearing earlier.
Lackey. Matsui. Halladay. Lee. Remember this morning when I said that nothin’ was happening today? Yeah, forget that.
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 5
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 16
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- More drama in Miami: Marlins demote third base coach Brett Butler after “confusion” over signs 33
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves 70
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 67
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 7
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 7
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)