Dec 14, 2009, 4:25 PM EST
Jayson Stark and Jerry Crasnick are reporting that the Red Sox have reached a tentative deal with Lackey, and that it’s “worth slightly more than the $82.5 million, five-year contract A.J. Burnett signed with the New York Yankees last year.” This jibes with what Aaron was hearing earlier.
Lackey. Matsui. Halladay. Lee. Remember this morning when I said that nothin’ was happening today? Yeah, forget that.
- Roy Halladay is retiring 52
- Tony La Russa Bobby Cox, Joe Torre all unanimously elected to the Hall of Fame 38
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 60
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 47
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 23
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)