Dec 14, 2009, 3:51 PM EDT
Chien-Ming Wang’s agent told Buster Olney of ESPN.com that the free agent right-hander may choose not to sign for several months despite at least a half-dozen teams expressing interest.
Wang will meet with Dr. James Andrews next month to determine the next step in his recovery from shoulder surgery and may want to show teams that he’s healthy enough to be a legitimate option for the first half of the season before deciding on an offer. Regardless of when he signs Wang is unlikely to get much in the way of guaranteed money, so he’ll ultimately have to be healthy and productive to cash in.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (92)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (89)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (86)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (82)