Dec 14, 2009, 3:51 PM EST
Chien-Ming Wang’s agent told Buster Olney of ESPN.com that the free agent right-hander may choose not to sign for several months despite at least a half-dozen teams expressing interest.
Wang will meet with Dr. James Andrews next month to determine the next step in his recovery from shoulder surgery and may want to show teams that he’s healthy enough to be a legitimate option for the first half of the season before deciding on an offer. Regardless of when he signs Wang is unlikely to get much in the way of guaranteed money, so he’ll ultimately have to be healthy and productive to cash in.
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran 25
- Mike Napoli agrees to two-year, $32 million deal with Red Sox 16
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 65
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners 254
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (255)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (101)
- Robinson Cano signing only bad if the Mariners stop now (93)