Dec 14, 2009, 3:51 PM EDT
Chien-Ming Wang’s agent told Buster Olney of ESPN.com that the free agent right-hander may choose not to sign for several months despite at least a half-dozen teams expressing interest.
Wang will meet with Dr. James Andrews next month to determine the next step in his recovery from shoulder surgery and may want to show teams that he’s healthy enough to be a legitimate option for the first half of the season before deciding on an offer. Regardless of when he signs Wang is unlikely to get much in the way of guaranteed money, so he’ll ultimately have to be healthy and productive to cash in.
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 7
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 24
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 43
- Let’s all just stare at Kris Bryant’s numbers for a while 27
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 39
- The wait is over: The Cubs are calling up top prospect Kris Bryant on Friday 99
- Carlos Gomez headed to disabled list with hamstring injury 11
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract 153
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)