Report: A-Rod, Kate Hudson break up

Dec 14, 2009, 5:50 PM EDT

I know. Cut me some slack. It’s been a monstrously news-heavy day, and a man is entitled to turn his brain off at the end of it, OK?  Besides, if all of that A-Rod-is-a-new-man talk is to be believed, this could have competitive implications for the Yankees:

It’s over for Hollywood hottie Kate Hudson and Yankee slugger Alex Rodriguez, according to sources in Miami. Insiders tell us that A-Rod partied in Miami solo all weekend (and
with other women!), while Kate was in New York promoting her new movie,
Nine.

A-Rod partied at Wall Lounge in the W Hotel Friday night, Dec. 11,
“with two women,” said our source. “He was acting VERY single, and Kate
Hudson was definitely not there.”  Another insider confirms that Alex
was with other women in Miami.

The source also said, “Kate and A-Rod broke up.”

All in all, a pretty crappy day for the Yankees.  The Sox get Lackey, the Angels get Matsui, the Phillies get Halladay, and A-Rod loses his muse.

But I have to admit: I miss crazy A-Rod a little, so at least it’ll be good for the bloggers.

1. Old Gator - Dec 14, 2009 at 7:46 PM

I think I’m going to print this story out, cut it out, and paste it up next to the checkout counter at Publix between the National Enquirer and The Globe (note how I didn’t bother to italicize either title?). That’s about where it belongs. Not to put to fine a point on it, but really, who gives a shit? Wake me up in thirty years when A-Rod is old, lonely and his kids have had their surnames legally changed to Gonzalez or something because they can’t stand the sight of him. At that point, there’ll be an Everyman dimension of human interest to this vomit of celebrity life cliches that it totally lacks now.

2. Gary - Dec 14, 2009 at 8:19 PM

Who Cares? This is not sport news

3. Joyce in CA - Dec 14, 2009 at 8:47 PM

Wow! Who saw that one coming? And, you are right, that is NOT news!

4. TF in Tampa - Dec 14, 2009 at 8:55 PM

During a commercial break while watching Alex on Jeopardy, I mentioned to my wife that it was said over the weekend that Alex [A-Rod] and Kate had broken up. Her nonchalant,apathetic response was “I’m not surprised, I knew it would happen”. And Kate looked so interested and attentive in those celeb pictures with Kurt Russell as they took in all the playoff games at Yankee Stadium.
    I guess the writing was on the wall when A-Rod and Madonna had the hots for each other and that relationship crashed harder than a Led Zepplin in a Cat 5 hurricane and ended up on the infinite day disable list.
    At least A-Rods true to himself,screwing around single, unlike our friend the ex #1 golfer.

5. Fly in the Ointment - Dec 15, 2009 at 12:18 AM

If these two crazy kids can’t make it who can?
    There is absolutely no excuse for this appearing in the sports section, why does anyone give a s**t about this story or these two? Unless he is playing baseball or she is on the screen, why would anyone outside their immediate circle of friends and family give them a second thought?
    Go back to being a lawyer, I can’t imagine you were any worse at that than you are at writing ‘sports’.

6. YankeesDonein2010 - Dec 15, 2009 at 12:49 AM

Ooooh, bad news Yankee fans! I heard he’s getting back together with Selena Roberts and Cynthia Rodriguez!
    Ahahaha
    Sincerely,
    A more wealthy John Lackey

7. GBSimons - Dec 15, 2009 at 9:53 AM

Can’t you just feel the love, Craig?

8. BillLumburgh - Dec 15, 2009 at 10:19 AM

Why do these celebritites even try to act like they’re having a relationship? We all know it’s a sham by now. Just call it what it is – 2 rich, attractive people doing what comes naturally until they decide they’re done and ready for something else.

9. John from CT - Dec 15, 2009 at 10:47 AM

Running out of things to write about?

10. Craig Calcaterra - Dec 15, 2009 at 11:01 AM

Dudes — we had over 30 posts yesterday and just about every day. You’d think we’ve earned the right to put up an occasional fluff/humor piece once in a while.

11. Old Gator - Dec 15, 2009 at 12:24 PM

This ain’t fluff. This is mold.

12. mtjofmcap - Dec 15, 2009 at 12:25 PM

Ignore the haters Craig, keep up the good work.

13. YANKEES1996 - Dec 15, 2009 at 12:34 PM

I agree with GARY this not sports news, WHO CARES! As a lifelong Yankees fan A-Rod has nothing else to prove and he should be left alone. Quite simply put if not for A-Rod we are not 2009 World Series Champions!!!

14. rosebud - Dec 18, 2009 at 9:12 AM

They got what they wanted from each other, now it’s over. A-Rod will move on to the next, and the next and the next. Did Kate think this was for real? I doubt it.

15. Meghan Wright - Jan 18, 2010 at 4:49 AM

haha, Madonna is so wild! I love her.

16. Carrol Sprong - Feb 3, 2010 at 5:39 AM

Hello, awesome blog, I thouroughly enjoyed reading this. the article gave me the kick to attempt my own blog, please check out my article by clicking my name at the top of this article, Many thanks

This was 'the perfect baseball game'
  1. S. Kazmir (5469)