Dec 14, 2009, 5:50 PM EST
I know. Cut me some slack. It’s been a monstrously news-heavy day, and a man is entitled to turn his brain off at the end of it, OK? Besides, if all of that A-Rod-is-a-new-man talk is to be believed, this could have competitive implications for the Yankees:
It’s over for Hollywood hottie Kate Hudson and Yankee slugger Alex Rodriguez, according to sources in Miami. Insiders tell us that A-Rod partied in Miami solo all weekend (and
with other women!), while Kate was in New York promoting her new movie,
A-Rod partied at Wall Lounge in the W Hotel Friday night, Dec. 11,
“with two women,” said our source. “He was acting VERY single, and Kate
Hudson was definitely not there.” Another insider confirms that Alex
was with other women in Miami.
The source also said, “Kate and A-Rod broke up.”
All in all, a pretty crappy day for the Yankees. The Sox get Lackey, the Angels get Matsui, the Phillies get Halladay, and A-Rod loses his muse.
But I have to admit: I miss crazy A-Rod a little, so at least it’ll be good for the bloggers.
- David Ortiz and Robinson Cano give their Super Bowl XLIX predictions 0
- Zack Greinke hasn’t made decision about opt-out 7
- Someone apparently got Jayson Werth’s autograph in jail 20
- Chris Davis opens up about his Adderall suspension: “It was a moment of weakness” 55
- MLB.com names Byron Buxton as baseball’s top prospect for second straight year 42
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 106
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 48
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 39
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants (106)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (85)