Dec 14, 2009, 5:50 PM EDT
I know. Cut me some slack. It’s been a monstrously news-heavy day, and a man is entitled to turn his brain off at the end of it, OK? Besides, if all of that A-Rod-is-a-new-man talk is to be believed, this could have competitive implications for the Yankees:
It’s over for Hollywood hottie Kate Hudson and Yankee slugger Alex Rodriguez, according to sources in Miami. Insiders tell us that A-Rod partied in Miami solo all weekend (and
with other women!), while Kate was in New York promoting her new movie,
A-Rod partied at Wall Lounge in the W Hotel Friday night, Dec. 11,
“with two women,” said our source. “He was acting VERY single, and Kate
Hudson was definitely not there.” Another insider confirms that Alex
was with other women in Miami.
The source also said, “Kate and A-Rod broke up.”
All in all, a pretty crappy day for the Yankees. The Sox get Lackey, the Angels get Matsui, the Phillies get Halladay, and A-Rod loses his muse.
But I have to admit: I miss crazy A-Rod a little, so at least it’ll be good for the bloggers.
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 22
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 10
- Vin Scully says 2016 will be his last season of broadcasting 28
- Edwin Encarnacion slugs three home runs as Blue Jays thrash Tigers 18
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 13
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 23
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 44
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 11
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (264)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)