Dec 14, 2009, 1:40 PM EDT
I sat for two (virtual) interviews over the weekend. The first one was short: Six “Batting Practice Fastballs” from Scott Simkus, the awesome brain behind the Negro Leagues Strat-o-Matic card set. Nothing as heady as that here. I mostly talk about my pajamas and the type of booze baseball writers drink.
A much longer and meatier interview was had with Russ Smith at “Splice Today.” We talk about Jason Bay and the Granderson trade and whether Billy Beane suddenly got dumb since “Moneyball” came out. Oh, and there’s a bit on Obama too, which shouldn’t be controversial in any way whatsoever.
To be clear: my linking these things has nothing to do with ego. I simply worry that you people don’t have access to enough of my opinions here and I don’t want you to run short.
- Video: Watch Kris Bryant get his first major league hit and RBI 4
- Yordano Ventura ejected for hitting Brett Lawrie with a pitch 15
- Pete Rose joins FOX as a baseball analyst 18
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 55
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 28
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 26
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 48
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 49
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)