Dec 14, 2009, 1:40 PM EST
I sat for two (virtual) interviews over the weekend. The first one was short: Six “Batting Practice Fastballs” from Scott Simkus, the awesome brain behind the Negro Leagues Strat-o-Matic card set. Nothing as heady as that here. I mostly talk about my pajamas and the type of booze baseball writers drink.
A much longer and meatier interview was had with Russ Smith at “Splice Today.” We talk about Jason Bay and the Granderson trade and whether Billy Beane suddenly got dumb since “Moneyball” came out. Oh, and there’s a bit on Obama too, which shouldn’t be controversial in any way whatsoever.
To be clear: my linking these things has nothing to do with ego. I simply worry that you people don’t have access to enough of my opinions here and I don’t want you to run short.
- Grant Balfour’s deal with Orioles in “serious jeopardy” due to shoulder issue 10
- Report: Rakuten will not allow Masahiro Tanaka come to the United States 62
- Mariners showing “continued interest” in Ervin Santana 10
- Happy Birthday, Ty Cobb! 89
- Dodgers re-sign left-handed reliever J.P. Howell to a two-year, $11.5 million contract 4