Dec 14, 2009, 1:40 PM EDT
I sat for two (virtual) interviews over the weekend. The first one was short: Six “Batting Practice Fastballs” from Scott Simkus, the awesome brain behind the Negro Leagues Strat-o-Matic card set. Nothing as heady as that here. I mostly talk about my pajamas and the type of booze baseball writers drink.
A much longer and meatier interview was had with Russ Smith at “Splice Today.” We talk about Jason Bay and the Granderson trade and whether Billy Beane suddenly got dumb since “Moneyball” came out. Oh, and there’s a bit on Obama too, which shouldn’t be controversial in any way whatsoever.
To be clear: my linking these things has nothing to do with ego. I simply worry that you people don’t have access to enough of my opinions here and I don’t want you to run short.
- Manny Machado could join the Orioles as soon as next weekend 0
- Michael Pineda suspended 10 games for “foreign substance” 43
- Doc Gooden calls B.S. on people saying pine tar is just to help pitchers get a grip on the ball 86
- Pineda and pine tar: baseball is, once again, sending mixed signals about cheating 126
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 69
- Josh Lueke is a rapist. How often does that bear repeating? (201)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (183)
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension (156)
- Pineda and pine tar: baseball is, once again, sending mixed signals about cheating (126)
- Chipper Jones chimed in on the Carlos Gomez incident (111)