Dec 14, 2009, 2:20 PM EDT
While the Pirates were jerking Matt Capps around last week, and then blaming the media for their inability to trade him, GMs from multiple other teams were waiting for him to fall to them.
MASN reports that the Orioles are interested. The Arizona Republic has the Dbacks interested as well. Ditto the Chicago Tribune and the Cubs. Capps’ agent says that “nine or ten” teams are interested. Take that with a grain of salt — shocking, I know, but agents have been known to engage in professional puffery — but if even three or four teams are interested in the guy, one can’t help but feel that the Pirates misjudged his value somewhat.
- Wings stun Hawks again, take 2-1 series lead
- Posnanski: Once the best, Pujols now irrelevant
- Sports world keeps eye on Oklahoma tornado
- PBT: Vogel downplays war of words with LeBron
- HBT: Camera catches Marlins' Sanabia with spitball
- PBT: Howard reportedly frustrated with D'Antoni
- PBT: Durant, Thunder send support to tornado victims