Dec 14, 2009, 2:20 PM EDT
While the Pirates were jerking Matt Capps around last week, and then blaming the media for their inability to trade him, GMs from multiple other teams were waiting for him to fall to them.
MASN reports that the Orioles are interested. The Arizona Republic has the Dbacks interested as well. Ditto the Chicago Tribune and the Cubs. Capps’ agent says that “nine or ten” teams are interested. Take that with a grain of salt — shocking, I know, but agents have been known to engage in professional puffery — but if even three or four teams are interested in the guy, one can’t help but feel that the Pirates misjudged his value somewhat.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 0
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 41
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 45
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 58
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 58
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (123)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (88)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)