Dec 14, 2009, 2:20 PM EDT
While the Pirates were jerking Matt Capps around last week, and then blaming the media for their inability to trade him, GMs from multiple other teams were waiting for him to fall to them.
MASN reports that the Orioles are interested. The Arizona Republic has the Dbacks interested as well. Ditto the Chicago Tribune and the Cubs. Capps’ agent says that “nine or ten” teams are interested. Take that with a grain of salt — shocking, I know, but agents have been known to engage in professional puffery — but if even three or four teams are interested in the guy, one can’t help but feel that the Pirates misjudged his value somewhat.
- How’d he do that? Magician Maddux fooled hitters all the way to Hall 12
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 46
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 35
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 14
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 193
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 22
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 37
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 35
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (193)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)