Dec 14, 2009, 2:20 PM EDT
While the Pirates were jerking Matt Capps around last week, and then blaming the media for their inability to trade him, GMs from multiple other teams were waiting for him to fall to them.
MASN reports that the Orioles are interested. The Arizona Republic has the Dbacks interested as well. Ditto the Chicago Tribune and the Cubs. Capps’ agent says that “nine or ten” teams are interested. Take that with a grain of salt — shocking, I know, but agents have been known to engage in professional puffery — but if even three or four teams are interested in the guy, one can’t help but feel that the Pirates misjudged his value somewhat.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 0
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 19
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 25
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 48
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 136
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 88
- The Lester trade is a win-win 112
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (136)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)
- The Lester trade is a win-win (112)