Dec 14, 2009, 12:15 PM EDT
Kevin Goldstein of Baseball Prospectus reports that the Red Sox have made an offer to fireballing Cuban lefty Aroldis Chapman. The deal: a $15.5 million dollar package that includes a major league deal.
As of this morning, Chapman was scheduled to audition for a number of teams tomorrow. One wonders if the offer is contingent on Chapman canceling the workout.
UPDATE: Apparently ESPN’s Jorge Arangure reported this on Friday. I’ll link to his tweet promoting his report, but I can’t find his report anywhere on ESPN’s baseball front page. Note to ESPN: you have some good people working for you. Based on the few minutes I spent having a beer with him last week in Indy, I’ll count Jorge as one of them. Do them a favor and promote their stuff, OK?
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (88)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (88)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (80)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (77)