Dec 14, 2009, 12:15 PM EDT
Kevin Goldstein of Baseball Prospectus reports that the Red Sox have made an offer to fireballing Cuban lefty Aroldis Chapman. The deal: a $15.5 million dollar package that includes a major league deal.
As of this morning, Chapman was scheduled to audition for a number of teams tomorrow. One wonders if the offer is contingent on Chapman canceling the workout.
UPDATE: Apparently ESPN’s Jorge Arangure reported this on Friday. I’ll link to his tweet promoting his report, but I can’t find his report anywhere on ESPN’s baseball front page. Note to ESPN: you have some good people working for you. Based on the few minutes I spent having a beer with him last week in Indy, I’ll count Jorge as one of them. Do them a favor and promote their stuff, OK?
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 12
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- 2015 Preview: Pittsburgh Pirates 12
- 2015 Preview: San Diego Padres 22
- MLB is looking into some strange gambling tweets involving Marlins pitcher Jarred Cosart 46
- 2015 Preview: New York Yankees 63
- 2015 Preview: Cleveland Indians 10
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (105)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras (76)
- Andrew McCutchen cut his hair for the first time in eight years (75)