Dec 14, 2009, 10:00 AM EDT
McGowan was pretty awesome in 2007 and 2008, winning 14 games with a 3.62 ERA and 169 strikeouts in 32 starts. Then there were concerns of overuse, then there was shoulder surgery.
Last summer J.P. Ricciardi said that McGowan’s rehab had hit some bumps and that his career was in jeopardy. Either McGowan’s actual prognosis has improved or the Jays are not being run by excitable people who struggle at the most basic of public relations tasks like Ricciardi did. Not that those things are mutually-exclusive.
The Jays likewise announced that they’ve reached terms with Jose Bautista for one year, $2.4 million. He’s a part-timer and maybe not worth that money, but he’s not worth too much less than that and the Blue Jays like him.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 32
- Report: Zack Wheeler expected to make 2-3 starts in minors before joining Mets 16
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 112
- Astros vendor brings snow cones into bathroom stall, gets fired 58
- Don Mattingly will still be the Dodgers’ manager on Friday 18
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (114)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Blue Jays fan throws beer at Nate McLouth (85)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (80)
- PHT: Senators fight for playoff lives in Game 5
- Struggling Blackhawks on brink of elimination
- PHT: Wings push Blackhawks to brink | Highlights
- PHT: Kreider keeps Rangers alive | Highlights
- PHT: Kings defend home ice, up 3-2 | Highlights
- PBT: Hibbert says Battier's knee to groin intentional
- OlyTalk: Lochte says Phelps will return soon