Dec 14, 2009, 10:00 AM EDT
McGowan was pretty awesome in 2007 and 2008, winning 14 games with a 3.62 ERA and 169 strikeouts in 32 starts. Then there were concerns of overuse, then there was shoulder surgery.
Last summer J.P. Ricciardi said that McGowan’s rehab had hit some bumps and that his career was in jeopardy. Either McGowan’s actual prognosis has improved or the Jays are not being run by excitable people who struggle at the most basic of public relations tasks like Ricciardi did. Not that those things are mutually-exclusive.
The Jays likewise announced that they’ve reached terms with Jose Bautista for one year, $2.4 million. He’s a part-timer and maybe not worth that money, but he’s not worth too much less than that and the Blue Jays like him.
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 3
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 16
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 9
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 29
- Clayton Kershaw blanks the Angels over eight innings, runs consecutive scoreless innings streak to 37 19
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 13
- Matt Williams on Bryce Harper’s ejection: “He needs to stay in the baseball game” 42
- UPDATE: C.J. Wilson needs elbow surgery and will likely miss the rest of the season 14
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (190)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)