Dec 14, 2009, 11:00 AM EDT
With Sabathia, Burnett and Pettitte ensconced 1-2-3, and with the Yankees talking up Joba Chamberlain and Phil Hughes as starters, and with the team tendering contracts to Chad Gaudin and Sergio Mitre, one would think that the last thing they’d need is another couple of starting pitchers. According to Mark Feinsand of the Daily News, however, New York is looking at both Ben Sheets and Justin Duchscherer.
I’m bored today, so I’m going to assume that they’re doing that as a prelude to a big trade with Toronto for Roy Halladay that takes either Joba or Phil out of town with maybe Gaudin or someone being thrown in for ballast. Let’s talk it up people. The internets are really quiet today.
(link via Jason at IIATMS)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 77
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 10
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 219
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 53
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (219)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)