Dec 14, 2009, 11:00 AM EST
With Sabathia, Burnett and Pettitte ensconced 1-2-3, and with the Yankees talking up Joba Chamberlain and Phil Hughes as starters, and with the team tendering contracts to Chad Gaudin and Sergio Mitre, one would think that the last thing they’d need is another couple of starting pitchers. According to Mark Feinsand of the Daily News, however, New York is looking at both Ben Sheets and Justin Duchscherer.
I’m bored today, so I’m going to assume that they’re doing that as a prelude to a big trade with Toronto for Roy Halladay that takes either Joba or Phil out of town with maybe Gaudin or someone being thrown in for ballast. Let’s talk it up people. The internets are really quiet today.
(link via Jason at IIATMS)
- Mariners sign Corey Hart 0
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 27
- Media paying for athlete interviews? Not likely. But watch this stuff closely anyway. 18
- Rockies acquire Brett Anderson from A’s 12
- D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 65
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi (110)