Dec 14, 2009, 11:00 AM EDT
With Sabathia, Burnett and Pettitte ensconced 1-2-3, and with the Yankees talking up Joba Chamberlain and Phil Hughes as starters, and with the team tendering contracts to Chad Gaudin and Sergio Mitre, one would think that the last thing they’d need is another couple of starting pitchers. According to Mark Feinsand of the Daily News, however, New York is looking at both Ben Sheets and Justin Duchscherer.
I’m bored today, so I’m going to assume that they’re doing that as a prelude to a big trade with Toronto for Roy Halladay that takes either Joba or Phil out of town with maybe Gaudin or someone being thrown in for ballast. Let’s talk it up people. The internets are really quiet today.
(link via Jason at IIATMS)
- The D-Backs weren’t kidding about the retaliation thing 18
- Red Sox prospect gets arrested, acts like a monumental jackwagon 63
- Jon Niese bristles at the media reporting Dan Warthen’s racial slur — and I sorta understand why 45
- Jimmy Rollins on Ryne Sandberg: “Everyone is allowed to have their opinion. That doesn’t make it right.” 75
- Smart money on Hanley Ramirez, Jay Bruce in prop bets 26
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (104)
- Keith Olbermann REALLY hates that Barry Bonds is coaching the Giants for a week (100)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (90)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (90)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (84)