Dec 14, 2009, 11:00 AM EDT
With Sabathia, Burnett and Pettitte ensconced 1-2-3, and with the Yankees talking up Joba Chamberlain and Phil Hughes as starters, and with the team tendering contracts to Chad Gaudin and Sergio Mitre, one would think that the last thing they’d need is another couple of starting pitchers. According to Mark Feinsand of the Daily News, however, New York is looking at both Ben Sheets and Justin Duchscherer.
I’m bored today, so I’m going to assume that they’re doing that as a prelude to a big trade with Toronto for Roy Halladay that takes either Joba or Phil out of town with maybe Gaudin or someone being thrown in for ballast. Let’s talk it up people. The internets are really quiet today.
(link via Jason at IIATMS)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 72
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8
- Brandon Belt headed to disabled list with concussion 5
- Cardinals are interested in David Price, but “would want a financial commitment” from him 47