Dec 14, 2009, 7:49 PM EDT
And because the Red Sox haven’t been involved in enough news today.
It was announced Monday that the Yankees and Red Sox would open the 2010 season schedule, with a prime time ESPN2 game on Sunday, April 4.
The game was originally scheduled to be played Monday, but from the moment the schedule was announced, there was never any doubt that this was coming.
The Yankees will open and close the 2010 season at Fenway Park. Barring an injury, CC Sabathia will surely start the opener for the Yankees. The Red Sox should counter with Jon Lester, though Josh Beckett received the nod last year.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 37
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 27
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 45
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 49
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 137
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 91
- The Lester trade is a win-win 113
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (200)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (137)
- Tampa Bay news station tweets classless Detroit joke following David Price trade (128)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)