Dec 14, 2009, 7:49 PM EDT
And because the Red Sox haven’t been involved in enough news today.
It was announced Monday that the Yankees and Red Sox would open the 2010 season schedule, with a prime time ESPN2 game on Sunday, April 4.
The game was originally scheduled to be played Monday, but from the moment the schedule was announced, there was never any doubt that this was coming.
The Yankees will open and close the 2010 season at Fenway Park. Barring an injury, CC Sabathia will surely start the opener for the Yankees. The Red Sox should counter with Jon Lester, though Josh Beckett received the nod last year.
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 10
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 115
- Video: Watch Travis Ishikawa’s pennant-winning homer 13
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer 79
- NLCS, Game 5: Cardinals vs. Giants lineups 30
- This team. 30
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (117)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer (79)