Dec 14, 2009, 7:49 PM EDT
And because the Red Sox haven’t been involved in enough news today.
It was announced Monday that the Yankees and Red Sox would open the 2010 season schedule, with a prime time ESPN2 game on Sunday, April 4.
The game was originally scheduled to be played Monday, but from the moment the schedule was announced, there was never any doubt that this was coming.
The Yankees will open and close the 2010 season at Fenway Park. Barring an injury, CC Sabathia will surely start the opener for the Yankees. The Red Sox should counter with Jon Lester, though Josh Beckett received the nod last year.
- Wrigley Field — the most human park in baseball — turns 100-years-old 10
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 59
- Albert Pujols becomes 26th member of 500 home run club 41
- MLB suspends Martin Maldonado, Carlos Gomez, Travis Snider, and Russell Martin for Easter brawl 48
- “Respect the Game?” Phooey. 106