Dec 14, 2009, 7:49 PM EDT
And because the Red Sox haven’t been involved in enough news today.
It was announced Monday that the Yankees and Red Sox would open the 2010 season schedule, with a prime time ESPN2 game on Sunday, April 4.
The game was originally scheduled to be played Monday, but from the moment the schedule was announced, there was never any doubt that this was coming.
The Yankees will open and close the 2010 season at Fenway Park. Barring an injury, CC Sabathia will surely start the opener for the Yankees. The Red Sox should counter with Jon Lester, though Josh Beckett received the nod last year.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 68
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 6
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 69
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 26
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (85)