Dec 14, 2009, 7:49 PM EST
And because the Red Sox haven’t been involved in enough news today.
It was announced Monday that the Yankees and Red Sox would open the 2010 season schedule, with a prime time ESPN2 game on Sunday, April 4.
The game was originally scheduled to be played Monday, but from the moment the schedule was announced, there was never any doubt that this was coming.
The Yankees will open and close the 2010 season at Fenway Park. Barring an injury, CC Sabathia will surely start the opener for the Yankees. The Red Sox should counter with Jon Lester, though Josh Beckett received the nod last year.
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (135)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)