Dec 15, 2009, 1:52 PM EST
Over at his personal website Curt Schilling posted his thoughts on the Red Sox signing John Lackey. Summarizing some of the interesting points:
* “Holy #$!&!” (Note: That’s a direct quote.)
* He doesn’t think signing Lackey “precludes them from signing” Jason Bay or Matt Holliday because “they have the money.” (Note: Presumably he wrote this not knowing about Mike Cameron.)
* A five-year contract for a pitcher with some past injuries “is a huge change for them” and “certainly makes you wonder what their plans are for Josh Beckett.”
* Boston “just didn’t want to part with the prospects Toronto was asking for” in a Roy Halladay deal.
* Theo Epstein “has always loved” Nick Johnson, who could be an option at first base if the Red Sox don’t sign Adrian Beltre.
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (110)