Dec 15, 2009, 9:58 AM EDT
Buster tweets that the deal is in place and that, as we speak, Roy Halladay is taking his physical. We’ll update when we learn exactly when he turns his head and coughs.
Heyman says that the deal is a three-year, $60-million extension with two vesting option. I’d presume its based on innings and that the money is no less than $20 million, so if Halladay is as durable as everyone thinks he will be, it could be a $100 million deal by the time it’s said and done.
- Reds hope to get Joey Votto back for the “stretch run” 4
- Jean Segura leaves Brewers following the death of his nine-month-old son 45
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 29
- Rangers catcher Geovany Soto arrested for marijuana possession 62
- Babe Ruth made his major league debut 100 years ago today 50
- Rockies owner: “maybe Denver doesn’t deserve a franchise . . . maybe time for it to find a new home” 80
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 33
- Masahiro Tanaka diagnosed with partially-torn UCL in elbow 114
- Shocker: the Red Sox publicly criticize A.J. Pierzynski after cutting him (191)
- John Lackey on Nelson Cruz: “Not even going to comment … I’ve got nothing to say about him” (143)
- Masahiro Tanaka diagnosed with partially-torn UCL in elbow (114)
- The 2014 All-Star rosters have been announced (103)
- Giants broadcaster says Angel Hernandez “does not belong in the big leagues” (102)