Dec 15, 2009, 9:58 AM EST
Buster tweets that the deal is in place and that, as we speak, Roy Halladay is taking his physical. We’ll update when we learn exactly when he turns his head and coughs.
Heyman says that the deal is a three-year, $60-million extension with two vesting option. I’d presume its based on innings and that the money is no less than $20 million, so if Halladay is as durable as everyone thinks he will be, it could be a $100 million deal by the time it’s said and done.
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 14
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 59
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 142
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 25
- Matt Kemp has officially been traded to the Padres 29
- Padres acquire catcher Derek Norris from Athletics 38
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site 90
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (142)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)