Halladay negotiations complete

Dec 15, 2009, 9:58 AM EDT

Buster tweets that the deal is in place and that, as we speak, Roy Halladay is taking his physical. We’ll update when we learn exactly when he turns his head and coughs.

Heyman says that the deal is a three-year, $60-million extension with two vesting option. I’d presume its based on innings and that the money is no less than $20 million, so if Halladay is as durable as everyone thinks he will be, it could be a $100 million deal by the time it’s said and done.

1. Old Gator - Dec 15, 2009 at 10:28 AM

A couple of years of Halladay eating those horrible horsemeat and velveeta sandwiches in Feelie while Lee dines on the freshest salmon, halibut and Washington apples on Skid Row (allowing him an occasional splurge on a bowl of Ivar’s smoked salmon pasta alfredo and clam chowder) and we’ll see who got the best of this. You think Schilling’s bloody sock was impressive? Wait’ll you see Halliday pitch through a coronary.

2. Frank Pepe - Dec 15, 2009 at 1:01 PM

lol!!!! pretty funny

3. TigerS Boy ToY - Dec 15, 2009 at 1:41 PM

The Wilpons just SHEET their pants, thanks ALOT Bernie Madoff!!!!

4. Jonny5 - Dec 15, 2009 at 4:05 PM

Old Gator, we’ve already heard that one you piece of repeating Fish crap!!! The Doc called, said the cheese in my Aorta actually saved my life. After the Valve gave way leading out of my heart, the Provolone mixed with velveeta and Warstiener formed an artificial valve, and I’m good to go. Who needs stem cell research?? Eat Cheese steaks and drink plenty of beer, that’s all you need. Wait until Halladay starts eating Philly food, he’ll be pitching like never before!! All that grease and oil are sure to lubricate his joints and muscles. It brought back Moyer from sure retirement. ;>)~

5. Lauren Bodle - Jan 13, 2010 at 4:50 PM

I just couldnt leave your website before saying that I really enjoyed the quality information you offer to your visitors… Will be back often to check up on new stuff you post!

6. ELC - Jan 16, 2010 at 10:44 AM

7. nutritionists - Jan 31, 2010 at 4:47 PM

A thoughtful insight and ideas I will use on my blog. You’ve obviously spent some time on this. Well done!

8. NFL headlines - Feb 3, 2010 at 4:28 PM

I know this is really boring and you are skipping to the next comment, but I just wanted to throw you a big thanks – you cleared up some things for me!

Yanks, Cards and Reds hit with injury bug