"Not a chance" that the Yankees bid on Holliday or Bay

Dec 15, 2009, 3:30 PM EDT

Buster tweets the words that will likely make Jason Bay a Met: “Official with knowledge of the Yankees’ thinking said there is “not a chance” the team bids for Holliday or Bay this winter.

So yeah, I guess it was just due diligence.

1. Stultus Magnus - Dec 15, 2009 at 4:14 PM

Bay a Met?
    I don’t think so.

2. Simon DelMonte - Dec 15, 2009 at 4:39 PM

The Yanks need an outfielder. The Yanks have the money. The Yanks swooped in to sign Texiera from nowhere. So I will believe this when both men are signed elsewhere. Even if I am pretty sure that Cashman has his marching orders about payroll and even if I am pretty sure that he has a “younger, smarter, cheaper, better” plan.
    Bay on the Mets, though? I won’t be one of the vast number of cynics in my corner of fandom. But I won’t believe that till I see it, either.

3. Cru11 - Dec 15, 2009 at 5:15 PM

If they Yankees do indeed cut bait on Bay and he goes crawling to the Mets then I hope he gets a huge helping of crow. I love Bay but he’s a little crazy asking for Holliday money when he is nowhere near the caliber of Holliday.

4. SDTom - Dec 15, 2009 at 5:49 PM

I’m not sure I buy this either, why wouldn’t the Yankees sign Holliday? He younger and better than Damon, plus money really isn’t a concern.

5. Arendell - Dec 16, 2009 at 1:22 AM

The yanks are going after one of the left feilders. just not sure which one. As Damon is not biteing on there Lowball offer. The red Sox, Have passed on both as thay no longer can/will trust Scott B.
    J-Bay is there for the taking but everyone but the Mets have passed on him.. Is he realy this bad on defence. I know I do not like him out there. But someone should even an AL team for his power bat alone. Heck A. Dunn is wanted more and he can not hold a torch to J-BAy as a feilder. maybe a Flamethrower??

6. Wooden U. Lykteneau - Dec 16, 2009 at 12:21 PM

*Sigh* That just simply means the Yank-mes are going to bid on Bay and Holliday.

When home-field advantage isn't so
  1. T. Lincecum (3160)