Dec 15, 2009, 3:20 PM EDT
Ken Rosenthal — writing on a newly-designed FOX website that puts one in mind of the New York Post, for whatever that’s worth — says that the Cubs are going strong after Marlon Byrd now that their primary outfield target Mike Cameron has been snapped up.
Worth noting that there wasn’t a single peep about the Cubs making any overtures towards Cameron in the past few weeks, so saying that the Cubs “wanted Cameron” is kind of like me saying I want Olivia Munn. I mean, maybe it’s true in the literal sense, but it’s kind of meaningless given the lack of action or even the possibility of something happening.
The real question: are the Cubs really going to sign a Texas Rangers free agent — represented by Seth Levinson no less — for the second winter in a row?
- Miguel Cabrera ties Hank Greenberg with 331st career homer 4
- Bud Selig’s view on replay has “evolved” 13
- Umpires use replay on controversial Matt Joyce home run 9
- Rangers put Ian Kinsler on the 15-day disabled list and call up top prospect Jurickson Profar 5
- Carlos Ruiz leaves game with strained right hamstring 2
- PBT: Parker carves up Grizzlies as Spurs roll in Gm. 1
- PHT: Senators sneak past Penguins in two overtimes
- PHT: Bruins crack Lundqvist, hammer Rangers
- MST: No bumping on Bump Day at Indy 500
- PST: Arsenal grabs Champions League spot
- Ferguson's managerial career ends with 5-5 draw
- Moore stays unbeaten as Rays top Orioles