Dec 15, 2009, 3:20 PM EDT
Ken Rosenthal — writing on a newly-designed FOX website that puts one in mind of the New York Post, for whatever that’s worth — says that the Cubs are going strong after Marlon Byrd now that their primary outfield target Mike Cameron has been snapped up.
Worth noting that there wasn’t a single peep about the Cubs making any overtures towards Cameron in the past few weeks, so saying that the Cubs “wanted Cameron” is kind of like me saying I want Olivia Munn. I mean, maybe it’s true in the literal sense, but it’s kind of meaningless given the lack of action or even the possibility of something happening.
The real question: are the Cubs really going to sign a Texas Rangers free agent — represented by Seth Levinson no less — for the second winter in a row?
- How’d he do that? Magician Maddux fooled hitters all the way to Hall 14
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 46
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 35
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 14
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 196
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 22
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 37
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 35
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (200)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)