Dec 15, 2009, 3:20 PM EDT
Ken Rosenthal — writing on a newly-designed FOX website that puts one in mind of the New York Post, for whatever that’s worth — says that the Cubs are going strong after Marlon Byrd now that their primary outfield target Mike Cameron has been snapped up.
Worth noting that there wasn’t a single peep about the Cubs making any overtures towards Cameron in the past few weeks, so saying that the Cubs “wanted Cameron” is kind of like me saying I want Olivia Munn. I mean, maybe it’s true in the literal sense, but it’s kind of meaningless given the lack of action or even the possibility of something happening.
The real question: are the Cubs really going to sign a Texas Rangers free agent — represented by Seth Levinson no less — for the second winter in a row?
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 16
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 38
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 59
- Andy MacPhail introduced by the Phillies. And the first topic of conversation is sabermetrics 20
- What a world: Orioles are in first place and Ubaldo Jimenez has been their ace 16
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results 99
- Steven Matz stellar on the mound — and at the plate — in his major league debut for the Mets 19
- The 2015 Gillette Home Run Derby will have a new format 35
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (275)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (108)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (79)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)