Dec 15, 2009, 8:30 AM EDT
This smells more like due diligence than real interest, but John Tomase and Michael Silverman of the Boston Herald report that the Yankees are “lurking in the weeds” and have expressed their interest in Jason Bay.
At the very least this returns some pressure to Johnny Damon after a day in which some of it was taken off due to Matsui’s departure. And heck, maybe Bay freaks out a day after the Sox signed Mike Cameron and, with a bleak future with the Mets staring him in the face, finds himself suddenly receptive to a reasonable offer from a winning team.
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 7
- The Marlins aren’t happy with the Dan Jennings hire 38
- Andrew McCutchen is doing just fine now, thank you 15
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 69
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 69
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 23
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 4
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76