Dec 15, 2009, 8:30 AM EDT
This smells more like due diligence than real interest, but John Tomase and Michael Silverman of the Boston Herald report that the Yankees are “lurking in the weeds” and have expressed their interest in Jason Bay.
At the very least this returns some pressure to Johnny Damon after a day in which some of it was taken off due to Matsui’s departure. And heck, maybe Bay freaks out a day after the Sox signed Mike Cameron and, with a bleak future with the Mets staring him in the face, finds himself suddenly receptive to a reasonable offer from a winning team.
- 2014 Preview: Chicago Cubs 1
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” 34
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 18
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 60
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 12