Dec 15, 2009, 8:30 AM EDT
This smells more like due diligence than real interest, but John Tomase and Michael Silverman of the Boston Herald report that the Yankees are “lurking in the weeds” and have expressed their interest in Jason Bay.
At the very least this returns some pressure to Johnny Damon after a day in which some of it was taken off due to Matsui’s departure. And heck, maybe Bay freaks out a day after the Sox signed Mike Cameron and, with a bleak future with the Mets staring him in the face, finds himself suddenly receptive to a reasonable offer from a winning team.
- Alex Cobb confirmed to have elbow ligament tear 8
- Royals expected to get closer Greg Holland back tomorrow 1
- Madison Bumgarner threw his fastest pitch since 2010 9
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 56
- Rangers snap Astros’ 10-game winning streak 7
- UPDATE: Hanley Ramirez exits game with a left shoulder sprain 27
- Nelson Cruz, Adrian Gonzalez named Players of the Month 18
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 95
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring (140)
- Buck Showalter had some wise words about what’s happening in Baltimore (123)
- Some anti-DH counterpoints (102)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (98)
- Alex Rodriguez hits a pinch-hit home run to tie Willie Mays at 660 home runs (95)