Dec 15, 2009, 8:30 AM EDT
This smells more like due diligence than real interest, but John Tomase and Michael Silverman of the Boston Herald report that the Yankees are “lurking in the weeds” and have expressed their interest in Jason Bay.
At the very least this returns some pressure to Johnny Damon after a day in which some of it was taken off due to Matsui’s departure. And heck, maybe Bay freaks out a day after the Sox signed Mike Cameron and, with a bleak future with the Mets staring him in the face, finds himself suddenly receptive to a reasonable offer from a winning team.
- “Final Vote” balloting opens for 2015 MLB All-Star Game 18
- Pitchers and reserves for 2015 MLB All-Star Game announced 49
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 50
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 103
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 20
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 9
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 40
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (103)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)