Details on Cameron's contract and likely role

Dec 16, 2009, 11:50 AM EDT

Mike Cameron is meeting the Boston media any second now and Michael Silverman of the Boston Herald sheds some light on his contract details and likely role with the Red Sox.
According to Silverman …
* Cameron has limited no-trade protection as part of his two-year, $15.5 million deal, which further shows that the Red Sox “have softened their anti-no-trade clause stance the past few years” with J.D. Drew, Mike Lowell, Daisuke Matsuzaka, and now Cameron.
* Despite some speculation that he could be used as a platoon player against left-handed pitching Cameron was signed to be an everyday starter. However, where he plays in the outfield is not set in stone and “he will play whatever position he’s asked to play, with manager Terry Francona making the call.”
* During his 15-year career Cameron has played 14,416 innings in center field compared to just 826 innings in right field and 3.2 innings in left field, but Silverman speculates that he could be used in left field if Jacoby Ellsbury isn’t traded and could be used occasionally in right field when Drew sits against lefties.

1. mbt - Feb 21, 2010 at 10:02 AM

Hi,man. I come here form google,I consider this view is cheerful ,.thanks u for sharing.

2. mbt - Feb 25, 2010 at 9:46 AM

Hello boy, I come here form google, I consider this article is nice .thank u for sharing.

3. mbt shoes - Feb 25, 2010 at 10:13 AM

Hello,guy. I come here form yahoo,I think this story is so good ,.thanks you for sharing.

4. Emeline Gudmundsson - Mar 2, 2010 at 10:35 AM

This idea has reached a amazing new level with the help of on-line blog-post services that you can take anywhere. Since most people spend more time online, blogs like help them kick their research into overdrive, Emeline Gudmundsson

5. mbt shoe - Mar 5, 2010 at 12:39 AM

Hi,boy. I come here form bing,I believe this view is wonderful ,.thank you for sharing.

Who's to blame for Cubs tarp fiasco?
  1. R. Castillo (3467)