Dec 16, 2009, 3:25 PM EDT
UPDATE: OK, people are now saying that the Lupica Twitter page
is fake. This would crush my dreams, because the one thing I’ve always
wanted was instant access to Mike Lupica’s opinions.
3:54 P.M. Mike Lupica tweets — a phrase I never thought I’d say — that the Mets are “close” with Jason Bay and that they may go as long as six years with him.
Remember this morning when I said that Omar was getting ready to overpay someone? This is what I meant. And that was when they were only willing to go five years.
- Settling the Score: Sunday’s results — and a reminder of what Labor Day is all about 26
- Reds trade setup man Jonathan Broxton to the Brewers 16
- Miguel Cabrera sits Sunday with nagging ankle injury 13
- A’s acquire veteran slugger Adam Dunn from the White Sox 54
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 18
- Orioles acquire Kelly Johnson from the Red Sox 15
- Orioles acquire Alejandro De Aza from the White Sox 6
- Bryce Harper is 15th player in MLB history to reach 50 career homers before age-22 season 31
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)