Dec 16, 2009, 3:25 PM EDT
UPDATE: OK, people are now saying that the Lupica Twitter page
is fake. This would crush my dreams, because the one thing I’ve always
wanted was instant access to Mike Lupica’s opinions.
3:54 P.M. Mike Lupica tweets — a phrase I never thought I’d say — that the Mets are “close” with Jason Bay and that they may go as long as six years with him.
Remember this morning when I said that Omar was getting ready to overpay someone? This is what I meant. And that was when they were only willing to go five years.
- Five Royals ejected in Sunday’s series finale against the Athletics 16
- White Sox will promote Carlos Rodon on Monday 1
- Another one bites the dust: Mets lose young catcher Travis d’Arnaud to fractured right hand 10
- National League GM says Phillies’ asking price for Cole Hamels hasn’t dropped “one bit” 10
- Giants receive their 2014 World Series championship rings 19
- Angels activate Garrett Richards for Sunday debut 2
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 38
- Video: Watch Kris Bryant get his first major league hit and RBI 12
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)