Dec 16, 2009, 3:25 PM EDT
UPDATE: OK, people are now saying that the Lupica Twitter page
is fake. This would crush my dreams, because the one thing I’ve always
wanted was instant access to Mike Lupica’s opinions.
3:54 P.M. Mike Lupica tweets — a phrase I never thought I’d say — that the Mets are “close” with Jason Bay and that they may go as long as six years with him.
Remember this morning when I said that Omar was getting ready to overpay someone? This is what I meant. And that was when they were only willing to go five years.
- World Series, Game 4: Royals vs. Giants lineups 1
- Report: Rays owner Stuart Sternberg has discussed moving the team to Montreal 38
- Dave Dombrowski on Miguel Cabrera: “It’s worse than what we ever would have anticipated” 23
- World Series Reset: Can the Giants even things up? 4
- Behind strong bullpen, Royals edge Giants 3-2 to take a 2-1 World Series lead 35
- Paul Konerko, Jimmy Rollins named co-winners of the Roberto Clemente Award 4
- The greatest trick this Royals bullpen ever pulled … 3
- Adam Wainwright underwent elbow surgery to “trim” cartilage 13
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (143)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? (101)