Dec 16, 2009, 3:25 PM EDT
UPDATE: OK, people are now saying that the Lupica Twitter page
is fake. This would crush my dreams, because the one thing I’ve always
wanted was instant access to Mike Lupica’s opinions.
3:54 P.M. Mike Lupica tweets — a phrase I never thought I’d say — that the Mets are “close” with Jason Bay and that they may go as long as six years with him.
Remember this morning when I said that Omar was getting ready to overpay someone? This is what I meant. And that was when they were only willing to go five years.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 32
- Dodgers announce Vin Scully will return for 2015 season 43
- Jon Lester scratched Wednesday amid trade speculation 37
- Rays are “talking and willing” to trade ace lefty David Price; Cardinals and Dodgers interested 36
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels 84
- Matt Cain is going to pay a visit to Dr. Andrews 8
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode 89
- The Red Sox are expected to deal Jon Lester and the Pirates are a “dark horse” 36
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (190)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (104)
- Ray Rice is awful, but let’s not pretend baseball has a great record on domestic violence (91)