Dec 16, 2009, 3:25 PM EDT
UPDATE: OK, people are now saying that the Lupica Twitter page
is fake. This would crush my dreams, because the one thing I’ve always
wanted was instant access to Mike Lupica’s opinions.
3:54 P.M. Mike Lupica tweets — a phrase I never thought I’d say — that the Mets are “close” with Jason Bay and that they may go as long as six years with him.
Remember this morning when I said that Omar was getting ready to overpay someone? This is what I meant. And that was when they were only willing to go five years.
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 5
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 22
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 68
- Clown shoes in Chicago: the Cubs grounds crew couldn’t get the tarp on the field 58
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 69
- Tony La Russa denies that Kirk Gibson’s job is safe 22
- Pirates activate Andrew McCutchen from the disabled list 2
- HBT Daily: They’ve dropped six straight, but the Pirates may be the Wild Card favorites 2
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (126)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. (74)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (69)
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco (68)