Dec 16, 2009, 9:35 AM EDT
If you want to hear some ballplayers say things like “I just want to help the ballclub” and “I knew that coming to Boston meant a chance to win,” you can tune into NESN or the MLB Network later today: Mike Cameron will have his press conference at 11:30 Eastern. Lackey meets the press at 1:30.
We should make a drinking game out of it. I’m not that good at those things, but I’ll offer this: the first time a reporter asks one of these guys — each of whom has been around the league a long time, have played in big cities, and have considerable playoff experience — a question that implies that they’re not really prepared to play in Red Sox-Yankees games, everybody chug.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 0
- Zack Wheeler goes six scoreless innings in MLB debut 10
- The San Jose lawsuit against Major League Baseball should be thrown out of court 38
- San Jose sues Major League Baseball, challenging its monopoly power 26
- Original Biogenesis source: “the people running Major League Baseball are the biggest scumbags on Earth” 41
- MLB hands down the suspensions for Tuesday night’s Dodgers-Diamondbacks melee (111)
- Neil deGrasse Tyson explains why beanball wars are stupid (104)
- Democrats beat the Republicans 22-0 in the Congressional Baseball Game (98)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (88)
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- CSN: Patriots' Hernandez questioned in murder investigation
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- HBT: Mets' Wheeler goes six scoreless in MLB debut
- Lolo Jones' attempt at humor backfires