Dec 16, 2009, 9:35 AM EDT
If you want to hear some ballplayers say things like “I just want to help the ballclub” and “I knew that coming to Boston meant a chance to win,” you can tune into NESN or the MLB Network later today: Mike Cameron will have his press conference at 11:30 Eastern. Lackey meets the press at 1:30.
We should make a drinking game out of it. I’m not that good at those things, but I’ll offer this: the first time a reporter asks one of these guys — each of whom has been around the league a long time, have played in big cities, and have considerable playoff experience — a question that implies that they’re not really prepared to play in Red Sox-Yankees games, everybody chug.
- Jose Altuve breaks Craig Biggio’s franchise record, tallying his 211th hit of the season 4
- Orioles beat Blue Jays to clinch AL East title 21
- Tanner Roark dominates as Nationals clinch NL East 18
- Masahiro Tanaka to pitch on Sunday 9
- Astros shut down George Springer for the season 0
- The Blue Jays will make a qualifying offer to Melky Cabrera 24
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 34
- MLB suspends Jonathan Papelbon seven games for incident during Sunday’s game 42
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)