Dec 16, 2009, 9:35 AM EDT
If you want to hear some ballplayers say things like “I just want to help the ballclub” and “I knew that coming to Boston meant a chance to win,” you can tune into NESN or the MLB Network later today: Mike Cameron will have his press conference at 11:30 Eastern. Lackey meets the press at 1:30.
We should make a drinking game out of it. I’m not that good at those things, but I’ll offer this: the first time a reporter asks one of these guys — each of whom has been around the league a long time, have played in big cities, and have considerable playoff experience — a question that implies that they’re not really prepared to play in Red Sox-Yankees games, everybody chug.
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 71
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 18
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 22
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 11
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)