Dec 16, 2009, 9:35 AM EDT
If you want to hear some ballplayers say things like “I just want to help the ballclub” and “I knew that coming to Boston meant a chance to win,” you can tune into NESN or the MLB Network later today: Mike Cameron will have his press conference at 11:30 Eastern. Lackey meets the press at 1:30.
We should make a drinking game out of it. I’m not that good at those things, but I’ll offer this: the first time a reporter asks one of these guys — each of whom has been around the league a long time, have played in big cities, and have considerable playoff experience — a question that implies that they’re not really prepared to play in Red Sox-Yankees games, everybody chug.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 21
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 83
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)