Dec 16, 2009, 9:35 AM EDT
If you want to hear some ballplayers say things like “I just want to help the ballclub” and “I knew that coming to Boston meant a chance to win,” you can tune into NESN or the MLB Network later today: Mike Cameron will have his press conference at 11:30 Eastern. Lackey meets the press at 1:30.
We should make a drinking game out of it. I’m not that good at those things, but I’ll offer this: the first time a reporter asks one of these guys — each of whom has been around the league a long time, have played in big cities, and have considerable playoff experience — a question that implies that they’re not really prepared to play in Red Sox-Yankees games, everybody chug.
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 0
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 91
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 124
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 35
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 105
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (125)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (105)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (97)
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (97)