Dec 17, 2009, 3:52 PM EST
At the time of Alex Rodriguez’s hip surgery in March the doctor believed that he’d eventually need to go under the knife a second time once the season ended, but today A-Rod was given a clean bill of health and told that he won’t need another operation.
Rodriguez missed the Yankees’ first 28 games following the surgery and wasn’t his usual self upon returning, hitting just .207 through 40 starts. However, beginning in late June and extending into the postseason Rodriguez batted .330 with 27 homers and 90 RBIs in 98 games. He also swiped 14 bases while being caught just twice, struck out only 83 times in 429 plate appearances, got on base at a .435 clip, and slugged .610.
So yeah, I suppose it’s kind of believable that he’s doing OK health-wise.
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 21
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 51
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 40
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 25
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- UPDATE: Red Sox finalizing a 4-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, with a vesting option 35
- MLB players react to Odell Beckham, Jr. catch on Sunday Night Football 27
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (135)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (129)