Dec 17, 2009, 2:52 PM EST
From the Twins’ official Twitter account:
Tony Oliva got stuck in the restroom yesterday when the handle fell off the door! T-minus 4 1/2 business days until we pack up and move! Yup, it happened on the Executive Level in the Dome yesterday.
Not only will the good people of Minnesota finally get to see outdoor baseball again when Target Field opens in April, in contrast to the Metrodome the new ballpark presumably was built to avoid trapping members of the team Hall of Fame in bathrooms.
Incidentally, this isn’t the first time that a bathroom stall in the Metrodome has been in the news.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 7
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 299
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (299)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)