Dec 17, 2009, 2:52 PM EDT
From the Twins’ official Twitter account:
Tony Oliva got stuck in the restroom yesterday when the handle fell off the door! T-minus 4 1/2 business days until we pack up and move! Yup, it happened on the Executive Level in the Dome yesterday.
Not only will the good people of Minnesota finally get to see outdoor baseball again when Target Field opens in April, in contrast to the Metrodome the new ballpark presumably was built to avoid trapping members of the team Hall of Fame in bathrooms.
Incidentally, this isn’t the first time that a bathroom stall in the Metrodome has been in the news.
- Video: Watch Kris Bryant get his first major league hit and RBI 4
- Yordano Ventura ejected for hitting Brett Lawrie with a pitch 15
- Pete Rose joins FOX as a baseball analyst 18
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 55
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 28
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 26
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 48
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 49
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)