Dec 17, 2009, 2:52 PM EDT
From the Twins’ official Twitter account:
Tony Oliva got stuck in the restroom yesterday when the handle fell off the door! T-minus 4 1/2 business days until we pack up and move! Yup, it happened on the Executive Level in the Dome yesterday.
Not only will the good people of Minnesota finally get to see outdoor baseball again when Target Field opens in April, in contrast to the Metrodome the new ballpark presumably was built to avoid trapping members of the team Hall of Fame in bathrooms.
Incidentally, this isn’t the first time that a bathroom stall in the Metrodome has been in the news.
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 7
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 6
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 28
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 8
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 20
- Mets general manager Sandy Alderson says Terry Collins’ job is safe 11
- Calf injury sends Miguel Cabrera to the disabled list for the first time in his career 7
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)