Dec 17, 2009, 2:52 PM EST
From the Twins’ official Twitter account:
Tony Oliva got stuck in the restroom yesterday when the handle fell off the door! T-minus 4 1/2 business days until we pack up and move! Yup, it happened on the Executive Level in the Dome yesterday.
Not only will the good people of Minnesota finally get to see outdoor baseball again when Target Field opens in April, in contrast to the Metrodome the new ballpark presumably was built to avoid trapping members of the team Hall of Fame in bathrooms.
Incidentally, this isn’t the first time that a bathroom stall in the Metrodome has been in the news.
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (135)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)