Dec 18, 2009, 3:52 PM EDT
Nick Piecoro of the Arizona Republic reports that the Diamondbacks have officially made an offer to Kelly Johnson and speculates that it’s worth around $2 million for one season.
Johnson has been linked to quite a few teams since being non-tendered by the Braves last week, with Piecoro noting that the Cardinals, Nationals, and Astros are in the mix for the second baseman and the Pirates reportedly viewing him as an outfield option.
Sure seems like he should be able to do better than $2 million.
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 35
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 41
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 49
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 56
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (123)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (105)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)