Dec 18, 2009, 3:52 PM EDT
Nick Piecoro of the Arizona Republic reports that the Diamondbacks have officially made an offer to Kelly Johnson and speculates that it’s worth around $2 million for one season.
Johnson has been linked to quite a few teams since being non-tendered by the Braves last week, with Piecoro noting that the Cardinals, Nationals, and Astros are in the mix for the second baseman and the Pirates reportedly viewing him as an outfield option.
Sure seems like he should be able to do better than $2 million.
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 32
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 46
- Today is the day: Marlins ace Jose Fernandez returns from Tommy John surgery 4
- A-Rod, the Yankees and the union in talks to direct his $6 million home run bonus to charity 26
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 50
- Video: Joey Butler breaks up Carlos Carrasco’s no-hitter with two outs in the ninth inning 12
- Bill Stoneman taking over as Angels’ interim GM 15
- Jerry Dipoto loses power struggle with Mike Scioscia, steps down as Angels general manager 39
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (77)