Dec 18, 2009, 2:20 PM EDT
Anyone who has a strong enough constitution to be able to follow the Washington Nationals on a day-in-day-out basis knows that the only nice thing about it is getting to read Chico Harlan, who covers them for the Washington Post. He writes one of your better big-paper-affiliated baseball blogs, and always seems to have his team notes up before guys at other papers do. He’s a good writer who makes reading up on the Nats tolerable, which is no average feat.
Apparently Chico can’t bear to watch the Nats any longer, however, as he has accepted an assignment that will take him as physically far from Nationals baseball as one can get without actually leaving the planet: Asia correspondent.
Rest easy now, Chico. The Nationals will be fast asleep for most of the time you’re awake. They can’t hurt you anymore.
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 32
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 58
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 48
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 49
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 19
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)
- Ichiro Suzuki passes Babe Ruth on the all-time hits list (76)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (71)
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves (71)