Dec 18, 2009, 2:20 PM EDT
Anyone who has a strong enough constitution to be able to follow the Washington Nationals on a day-in-day-out basis knows that the only nice thing about it is getting to read Chico Harlan, who covers them for the Washington Post. He writes one of your better big-paper-affiliated baseball blogs, and always seems to have his team notes up before guys at other papers do. He’s a good writer who makes reading up on the Nats tolerable, which is no average feat.
Apparently Chico can’t bear to watch the Nats any longer, however, as he has accepted an assignment that will take him as physically far from Nationals baseball as one can get without actually leaving the planet: Asia correspondent.
Rest easy now, Chico. The Nationals will be fast asleep for most of the time you’re awake. They can’t hurt you anymore.
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 16
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 19
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 33
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 54
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 14
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (120)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (105)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)