Dec 18, 2009, 2:20 PM EDT
Anyone who has a strong enough constitution to be able to follow the Washington Nationals on a day-in-day-out basis knows that the only nice thing about it is getting to read Chico Harlan, who covers them for the Washington Post. He writes one of your better big-paper-affiliated baseball blogs, and always seems to have his team notes up before guys at other papers do. He’s a good writer who makes reading up on the Nats tolerable, which is no average feat.
Apparently Chico can’t bear to watch the Nats any longer, however, as he has accepted an assignment that will take him as physically far from Nationals baseball as one can get without actually leaving the planet: Asia correspondent.
Rest easy now, Chico. The Nationals will be fast asleep for most of the time you’re awake. They can’t hurt you anymore.
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 0
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 8
- Royals complete thrilling comeback to defeat A’s in the American League Wild Card Game 30
- Josh Hamilton declares himself ready for the ALDS 3
- Wild Card Game: A’s vs. Royals lineups 14
- Pouliot’s 2014 National League awards picks 21
- HBT Daily: A’s vs. Royals. Jon Lester vs. Big Game James. WHO YA GOT?! 12
- Playoff Reset: The American League Wild Card Game 21
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)