Dec 18, 2009, 1:38 PM EDT
Jim Bowden left his last baseball job under a cloud of incompetence and corruption, and the last time we heard from him he was wearing bright-seamed designer jeans and taking the Nationals to task for signings he himself made. But hey, a rumor is a rumor, right! Take it away Jim:
denials…Yanks are in on Holliday….Bradley for Silva likely, Bay and
Mets will do 5 yr deal, Molina will settle for 2 yrs w Mets
Sorry for being dubious about any of this, but at least Ken Rosenthal and those other guys whose anonymous rumors I pass along have a track record for being right about something once or twice in the last decade or so.
I’ll give him the Bradley-Silva thing, though. I have a hunch he’s right about that . . .
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 31
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 7
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 213
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 53
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (213)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)