Dec 18, 2009, 2:55 PM EST
Jose Arredondo is having a rough week.
First it was announced that he’ll need Tommy John elbow surgery, which will keep him out for the entire 2010 season. Following that news the Angels non-tendered him, dropping Arredondo from the 40-man roster. And now he’s apparently been stabbed. Seriously.
Prior to being non-tendered Arredondo angered the Angels by returning to his home in the Dominican Republic against the team’s wishes. Once there he reportedly was stabbed in the left arm, with his former agent saying that “it wasn’t that serious.”
Details after that are sketchy so far, but based on Sam Miller of the Orange County Register doing some nifty translating of Spanish-language reports Arredondo may have been attending some sort of party at a car wash, which is apparently something that goes on in San Pedro de Marcoris. TGIF, I guess.
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 62
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 25
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 16
- What they’re saying about the passing of Cubs legend Ernie Banks 7
- Alex Rodriguez recently met with incoming MLB commissioner Rob Manfred 15
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 75
- Sean Doolittle has a “slight” rotator cuff tear, won’t be ready for Opening Day 4
- Ryan Vogelsong re-signs with Giants after flirting with Astros 17
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (144)
- Max Scherzer’s seven-year deal with Nationals worth $210 million (119)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 (75)