Dec 18, 2009, 2:55 PM EDT
Jose Arredondo is having a rough week.
First it was announced that he’ll need Tommy John elbow surgery, which will keep him out for the entire 2010 season. Following that news the Angels non-tendered him, dropping Arredondo from the 40-man roster. And now he’s apparently been stabbed. Seriously.
Prior to being non-tendered Arredondo angered the Angels by returning to his home in the Dominican Republic against the team’s wishes. Once there he reportedly was stabbed in the left arm, with his former agent saying that “it wasn’t that serious.”
Details after that are sketchy so far, but based on Sam Miller of the Orange County Register doing some nifty translating of Spanish-language reports Arredondo may have been attending some sort of party at a car wash, which is apparently something that goes on in San Pedro de Marcoris. TGIF, I guess.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 21
- Zack Wheeler goes six scoreless innings in MLB debut 12
- The San Jose lawsuit against Major League Baseball should be thrown out of court 40
- San Jose sues Major League Baseball, challenging its monopoly power 26
- Original Biogenesis source: “the people running Major League Baseball are the biggest scumbags on Earth” 41
- MLB hands down the suspensions for Tuesday night’s Dodgers-Diamondbacks melee (111)
- Neil deGrasse Tyson explains why beanball wars are stupid (104)
- Democrats beat the Republicans 22-0 in the Congressional Baseball Game (98)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (88)
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- CSN: Pats' Hernandez questioned in murder case
- Underseeded? Nadal draws No. 5 at Wimbledon
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- HBT: Mets' Wheeler goes six scoreless in MLB debut