Dec 18, 2009, 2:55 PM EDT
Jose Arredondo is having a rough week.
First it was announced that he’ll need Tommy John elbow surgery, which will keep him out for the entire 2010 season. Following that news the Angels non-tendered him, dropping Arredondo from the 40-man roster. And now he’s apparently been stabbed. Seriously.
Prior to being non-tendered Arredondo angered the Angels by returning to his home in the Dominican Republic against the team’s wishes. Once there he reportedly was stabbed in the left arm, with his former agent saying that “it wasn’t that serious.”
Details after that are sketchy so far, but based on Sam Miller of the Orange County Register doing some nifty translating of Spanish-language reports Arredondo may have been attending some sort of party at a car wash, which is apparently something that goes on in San Pedro de Marcoris. TGIF, I guess.
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 0
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 28
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 18
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno 86
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 56
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 61
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 55
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (86)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)