Dec 18, 2009, 2:55 PM EDT
Jose Arredondo is having a rough week.
First it was announced that he’ll need Tommy John elbow surgery, which will keep him out for the entire 2010 season. Following that news the Angels non-tendered him, dropping Arredondo from the 40-man roster. And now he’s apparently been stabbed. Seriously.
Prior to being non-tendered Arredondo angered the Angels by returning to his home in the Dominican Republic against the team’s wishes. Once there he reportedly was stabbed in the left arm, with his former agent saying that “it wasn’t that serious.”
Details after that are sketchy so far, but based on Sam Miller of the Orange County Register doing some nifty translating of Spanish-language reports Arredondo may have been attending some sort of party at a car wash, which is apparently something that goes on in San Pedro de Marcoris. TGIF, I guess.
- Settling the Scores: Memorial Day Edition 1
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 24
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 38
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 6
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 23
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)