Where's the rest of MLB.com's draft series?

Dec 18, 2009, 11:30 AM EDT

Monday through Wednesday, MLB.com was running a series about fixing the draft, dealing with international free agency, trading draft picks and hard slotting of draft pics, which I talked about here, here and here.

It’s possible that I’ve gone temporarily insane, but I am certain that earlier in the week they had been scheduled to run additional installments yesterday and today, but I can’t find them.  Even the little links near top of this article and its predecessors had a “Part IV” and a “Part V” on them the other day, but now they’re gone. One of them was supposed to be about limiting free agent compensation. I can’t remember what the fifth one was.

Was I dreaming that? Am I just unable to navigate MLB.com to find what should be pretty obvious features?

Any help appreciated.

1. Kballs - Dec 18, 2009 at 11:49 AM

You’re on to something there, Craig. The MLB.com site is 1/3 awesome, 1/3 propaganda, and 1/3 impossible to navigate.

2. Joey B - Dec 18, 2009 at 1:08 PM

I’d love to see them be able to trade draft choices. The desperate GMs would be pawning 10 years worth of draft picks for overpriced vets. The better GMs would be feasting on the weaker GMs.

3. Pete Toms - Dec 18, 2009 at 1:28 PM

Good to know that I am not entirely delusional. I’ve been looking the past few days also….hmmmmm….I recall that it was to be a 4 parter, the fourth being about compensation. I suspect that would get into the Elias rankings (outdated) and the inequities of awarding compensatory picks. I.E. Jays were to get 2 1st rounders for Scutaro but RS sign Lackey and Jays get a lower pick now….is that fair? More importantly, the compensation for teams losing the FA is beyond their control.

4. James - Dec 18, 2009 at 5:22 PM

Hey Craig, I know this is kind of off-topic, but could you try to be a little more consistent with your tagging?
    I was trying to find your other articles on the mlb.com draft series and none of them are tagged with the same tag twice which makes it difficult to find them. It’s kind of a pain to have to scroll through your entire archive of December posts to find 3 posts.
    Thanks.

5. Craig Calcaterra - Dec 18, 2009 at 5:26 PM

It’s something I’m working on, James. Apologies. I’ve never used tags before, so it’s not something I have thought to much about before now.

Patience finally paying off for Royals fans
  1. R. Castillo (2828)