Dec 19, 2009, 10:59 AM EST
Here’s a surprising tidbit. Jayson Stark of ESPN.com writes that Mike Cameron, Andruw Jones and Jason Michaels are the only outfielders to sign major league contracts this winter.
He doesn’t count Ken Griffey Jr. since he re-signed with the Mariners
before hitting the market, nor does he include Hideki Matsui, who
didn’t play a single game in the outfield last season.
Who’s left on the market? Matt
Holliday, Jason Bay and Johnny Damon are three of the most-talked
about, of course, but there are plenty more looking for new homes,
including Marlon Byrd, Jermaine Dye, Jack Cust, Jonny Gomes, Rick
Ankiel, Coco Crisp, Xavier Nady and even Vladimir Guerrero and Gary
Sheffield, though they would probably be more useful as designated
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- The Cleveland Plain Dealer comes out strongly against Chief Wahoo (116)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (100)
- Report: Harold Reynolds, Tom Verducci to join Joe Buck for World Series booth at Fox (73)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)