Dec 20, 2009, 1:28 PM EDT
Cuban left-hander Aroldis Chapman has another offer on the table, according to Barry Jackson of the Miami Herald.
The Marlins offered Chapman a five-year deal in the vicinity of $13
million. Chapman already has one offer on the table from the Red Sox,
believed to be for around $15.5 million. It probably won’t be enough to
land the heralded-defector, however they hope South Florida could be a
Chapman, 21, threw a bullpen session in front of representatives of more than 15 teams in Houston on Tuesday,
reaching as high as 97 mph on the radar gun, though he was mostly in
the 92-93 mph range, according to Jorge Arangure Jr. of ESPN.com. On a related note, Phil Rodgers of the Chicago Tribune writes that the Cubs are among a group of teams exploring a deal for the talented southpaw.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)