Dec 20, 2009, 1:28 PM EDT
Cuban left-hander Aroldis Chapman has another offer on the table, according to Barry Jackson of the Miami Herald.
The Marlins offered Chapman a five-year deal in the vicinity of $13
million. Chapman already has one offer on the table from the Red Sox,
believed to be for around $15.5 million. It probably won’t be enough to
land the heralded-defector, however they hope South Florida could be a
Chapman, 21, threw a bullpen session in front of representatives of more than 15 teams in Houston on Tuesday,
reaching as high as 97 mph on the radar gun, though he was mostly in
the 92-93 mph range, according to Jorge Arangure Jr. of ESPN.com. On a related note, Phil Rodgers of the Chicago Tribune writes that the Cubs are among a group of teams exploring a deal for the talented southpaw.
- Blue Jays fan throws beer at Nate McLouth (124)
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (117)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (82)
- Blackhawks stave off elimination
- Video: Highlights: Blackhawks top Red Wings 4-1
- PST: Bayern Munich beats Dortmund, wins Champions League
- PHT: Bruins bounce Rangers, advance to Conf. finals
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?