Dec 21, 2009, 12:20 PM EDT
Well, that’s how he’d probably describe it anyway. The details:
Chip Caray received an early Christmas present on Monday morning, when
Fox Sports Net hired him to serve as their play-by-play announcer for
all the Braves games televised by Fox Sports South and SportSouth.
was the role previously held by Jon “Boog” Sciambi, who accepted a
full-time role with ESPN at the conclusion of this past season.
I’m a Braves fan with much love in my heart for Chip’s old man. Best thing about Skip Caray: back when the Braves sucked in the 1980s, he’d say so. Repeatedly. Best call ever: as the Braves were losing a lead in the face of an opponents’ rally: “bases loaded and I wish I was too.” You can’t teach that.
Anyway, I think that if Skip were alive today he’d say — at least when his wife and son weren’t around to hear it — that the Braves are going from a pretty damn good announcer in Boog Sciambi to a pretty crappy one in Chip “Line drive! Base hit! Caught out there” Caray.
- Dodgers acquire Mat Latos and Michael Morse from Marlins 1
- Why do managers wear uniforms anyway? 25
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 40
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 31
- Angels acquire outfielders David Murphy and David DeJesus 24
- Jenrry Mejia gets 162-game ban for second failed PED test 49
- Nationals, Phillies agree to Jonathan Papelbon trade 64
- The Hall of Fame just made a MAJOR change to the Hall of Fame voting process 76
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)