Dec 21, 2009, 12:20 PM EDT
Well, that’s how he’d probably describe it anyway. The details:
Chip Caray received an early Christmas present on Monday morning, when
Fox Sports Net hired him to serve as their play-by-play announcer for
all the Braves games televised by Fox Sports South and SportSouth.
was the role previously held by Jon “Boog” Sciambi, who accepted a
full-time role with ESPN at the conclusion of this past season.
I’m a Braves fan with much love in my heart for Chip’s old man. Best thing about Skip Caray: back when the Braves sucked in the 1980s, he’d say so. Repeatedly. Best call ever: as the Braves were losing a lead in the face of an opponents’ rally: “bases loaded and I wish I was too.” You can’t teach that.
Anyway, I think that if Skip were alive today he’d say — at least when his wife and son weren’t around to hear it — that the Braves are going from a pretty damn good announcer in Boog Sciambi to a pretty crappy one in Chip “Line drive! Base hit! Caught out there” Caray.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 16
- Video: Mike Trout makes a ridiculous slide to beat the tag at third base 11
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 21
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 61
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 48
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 96
- Who really owns a home run ball? 65
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (132)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (130)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)