Dec 21, 2009, 12:20 PM EDT
Well, that’s how he’d probably describe it anyway. The details:
Chip Caray received an early Christmas present on Monday morning, when
Fox Sports Net hired him to serve as their play-by-play announcer for
all the Braves games televised by Fox Sports South and SportSouth.
was the role previously held by Jon “Boog” Sciambi, who accepted a
full-time role with ESPN at the conclusion of this past season.
I’m a Braves fan with much love in my heart for Chip’s old man. Best thing about Skip Caray: back when the Braves sucked in the 1980s, he’d say so. Repeatedly. Best call ever: as the Braves were losing a lead in the face of an opponents’ rally: “bases loaded and I wish I was too.” You can’t teach that.
Anyway, I think that if Skip were alive today he’d say — at least when his wife and son weren’t around to hear it — that the Braves are going from a pretty damn good announcer in Boog Sciambi to a pretty crappy one in Chip “Line drive! Base hit! Caught out there” Caray.
- Miguel Cabrera ties Hank Greenberg with 331st career homer 0
- Bud Selig’s view on replay has “evolved” 11
- Umpires use replay on controversial Matt Joyce home run 8
- Rangers put Ian Kinsler on the 15-day disabled list and call up top prospect Jurickson Profar 5
- Carlos Ruiz leaves game with strained right hamstring 2
- Live Extra: Watch live coverage of Penguins-Senators
- PBT: Parker carves up Grizzlies as Spurs roll in Gm. 1
- PHT: Bruins crack Lundqvist, hammer Rangers
- MST: No bumping on Bump Day at Indy 500
- PST: Arsenal grabs Champions League spot
- Ferguson's managerial career ends with 5-5 draw
- Moore stays unbeaten as Rays top Orioles