Dec 21, 2009, 12:20 PM EDT
Well, that’s how he’d probably describe it anyway. The details:
Chip Caray received an early Christmas present on Monday morning, when
Fox Sports Net hired him to serve as their play-by-play announcer for
all the Braves games televised by Fox Sports South and SportSouth.
was the role previously held by Jon “Boog” Sciambi, who accepted a
full-time role with ESPN at the conclusion of this past season.
I’m a Braves fan with much love in my heart for Chip’s old man. Best thing about Skip Caray: back when the Braves sucked in the 1980s, he’d say so. Repeatedly. Best call ever: as the Braves were losing a lead in the face of an opponents’ rally: “bases loaded and I wish I was too.” You can’t teach that.
Anyway, I think that if Skip were alive today he’d say — at least when his wife and son weren’t around to hear it — that the Braves are going from a pretty damn good announcer in Boog Sciambi to a pretty crappy one in Chip “Line drive! Base hit! Caught out there” Caray.
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 5
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 81
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 17
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 27
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 31
- Impending free agent Jon Lester won’t talk contract with the Red Sox until after the season 18
- Ten years ago today the Alex Rodriguez-Jason Varitek brawl changed the narrative of the Sox-Yankees rivalry 85
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 30
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (93)