Dec 21, 2009, 5:48 PM EDT
No news of talks or entreaties, overtures , pleas or even furtive whispers, but ESPN’s Rumor Thingy — which is what I’m going to call it until they start putting up names of the people who write them — talks to an anonymous executive who thinks that Jason Bay might fit well in Anaheim, should they get rid of Juan Rivera and/or Gary Matthews, Jr.
It would have to be Matthews given the dollars, right? I mean the only real talk I’ve seen about Rivera being shipped out is in some sort of Derek Lowe deal, and that wouldn’t exactly help the payroll.
Unanswered by the Rumor Thingy: is Anaheim the [dramatic pause] MYSTERY TEAM interested in Bay? Given that the very concept of the Bay Mystery Team was made up, I don’t see why we can’t make up the confirmation of its identity.
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 45
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 34
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 10
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 97
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 7
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 2
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (97)
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (90)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)