Dec 21, 2009, 5:48 PM EDT
No news of talks or entreaties, overtures , pleas or even furtive whispers, but ESPN’s Rumor Thingy — which is what I’m going to call it until they start putting up names of the people who write them — talks to an anonymous executive who thinks that Jason Bay might fit well in Anaheim, should they get rid of Juan Rivera and/or Gary Matthews, Jr.
It would have to be Matthews given the dollars, right? I mean the only real talk I’ve seen about Rivera being shipped out is in some sort of Derek Lowe deal, and that wouldn’t exactly help the payroll.
Unanswered by the Rumor Thingy: is Anaheim the [dramatic pause] MYSTERY TEAM interested in Bay? Given that the very concept of the Bay Mystery Team was made up, I don’t see why we can’t make up the confirmation of its identity.
- Boston Marathon heroes remembered with pregame ceremony at Fenway Park 8
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 160
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 6
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 30
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 35
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (160)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)