The Nats are making some uniform changes too

Dec 21, 2009, 3:20 PM EST

In addition to the Padres throwbacks mentioned earlier today, the Nats will be making a couple of changes for next year too.  Nothing radical — just changing the road undershirts and socks from red to blue blue to red — but it’s a better move for the Nats than handing first base to Adam Dunn, so it’s worth noting.

Also worth noting is the fact that I kind of get into uniform stuff.  Not in an utterly obsessive Paul Lukas kind of way, but certainly more than your average blogger.  A couple of years ago on my old blog I did a massive best uniform/worst uniform post covering every team. It’s kind of outdated now and only about 11 people read it in the first place, so I may update that sometime in the next couple of weeks.  Suggestions for inclusion — and excommunication — are welcome.

1. Ryan - Dec 21, 2009 at 3:26 PM

Do you happen to have a shot of each of the “turning the clock forward” uniforms from years ago? I haven’t been able to find a comprehensive collection of all of those abominations.

2. Jamie - Dec 21, 2009 at 3:36 PM

An ’83 ALCS game was on MLB Network last weekend, and I couldn’t stop staring at those White Sox unis. Horizontal stripes on the chest and sleeves, V-necks, three inch wide elastic waistbands, and numbers printed on the pants in what can be described as either the “upper thigh” or “general crotch” area. Mesmerizing.

3. Jonny5 - Dec 21, 2009 at 3:37 PM

I personally hope they go back to this one. Look very closely and you’ll see the irony….;>)~

4. Chuck - Dec 21, 2009 at 3:57 PM

What better visual metaphor for the happlessness of the organization than their o-less uniforms. Just screams out Bwden.

5. Joe Tetreault - Dec 21, 2009 at 3:58 PM

Jonny5 and Chuck stole some of my thunder. I just wanted to ensure the nats actually can spell Nationals on this particular uni.

6. Jon KK - Dec 21, 2009 at 4:00 PM

I think you’ve got it backwards. They’re going from blue to red undershirts and socks with the away grays.

7. Snuffy - Dec 21, 2009 at 4:15 PM

Baseballreference.com

8. Jeff - Dec 21, 2009 at 4:54 PM

Their uniforms should just say “Nats” across the front. Much more difficult to misspell….

1. J. Shields (2702)