Dec 22, 2009, 4:39 PM EST
I’m just casually monitoring the Brian Cashman/Javier Vazquez press conference. Of note: Cashman says that “Brett Gardner is now in a position to be an every day player for us.” He also said “We’ll continue to look at any remaining pieces, but it’s not going to be a big piece.”
That seems to foreclose the possibility of Matt Holliday or even Johnny Damon, which are just two names a certain subset of strangely dissatisfied Yankees fans were buzzing about after the trade went down this morning.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- The Cleveland Plain Dealer comes out strongly against Chief Wahoo (116)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (100)
- Report: Harold Reynolds, Tom Verducci to join Joe Buck for World Series booth at Fox (73)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)