Dec 22, 2009, 4:39 PM EDT
I’m just casually monitoring the Brian Cashman/Javier Vazquez press conference. Of note: Cashman says that “Brett Gardner is now in a position to be an every day player for us.” He also said “We’ll continue to look at any remaining pieces, but it’s not going to be a big piece.”
That seems to foreclose the possibility of Matt Holliday or even Johnny Damon, which are just two names a certain subset of strangely dissatisfied Yankees fans were buzzing about after the trade went down this morning.
- Wrigley Field — the most human park in baseball — turns 100-years-old 12
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 69
- Albert Pujols becomes 26th member of 500 home run club 45
- MLB suspends Martin Maldonado, Carlos Gomez, Travis Snider, and Russell Martin for Easter brawl 48
- “Respect the Game?” Phooey. 106