Dec 22, 2009, 4:39 PM EDT
I’m just casually monitoring the Brian Cashman/Javier Vazquez press conference. Of note: Cashman says that “Brett Gardner is now in a position to be an every day player for us.” He also said “We’ll continue to look at any remaining pieces, but it’s not going to be a big piece.”
That seems to foreclose the possibility of Matt Holliday or even Johnny Damon, which are just two names a certain subset of strangely dissatisfied Yankees fans were buzzing about after the trade went down this morning.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (241)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (109)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)