Dec 22, 2009, 7:26 PM EDT
Roy Halladay is not the only ballplayer taking out full-page ads as he leaves town. Would you believe Milton Bradley?
On behalf of the Bradley family, I would like to express my deepest ingratitude to the racist fans of Chicago, my former teammates, manager Lou Piniella, general manager Jim Hendry, the local media and the umpires who conspired against me . . .
Read the rest of the shocking, shocking letter here.
UPDATE: if that letter has you angry, you won’t want to miss this.
(thanks to Tyler Hissey for the link)
- Mike Minor loses his no-hit bid with two outs in the eighth 4
- Manny Machado to undergo season-ending knee surgery 22
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare 219
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million 95
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 31
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 12
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 14
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 92
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (219)
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (95)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Even if he’s reinstated, does Pete Rose make the Hall of Fame? (85)