Milton Bradley says goodbye

Dec 22, 2009, 7:26 PM EDT

Roy Halladay is not the only ballplayer taking out full-page ads as he leaves town.  Would you believe Milton Bradley?

On behalf of the Bradley family, I would like to express my deepest ingratitude to the racist fans of Chicago, my former teammates, manager Lou Piniella, general manager Jim Hendry, the local media and the umpires who conspired against me . . .

Read the rest of the shocking, shocking letter here.

UPDATE: if that letter has you angry, you won’t want to miss this.

(thanks to Tyler Hissey for the link)

1. Sven-Erik - Jan 4, 2010 at 3:50 AM

If the Cubs had won the division, everyone would have thought of Bradley as being “colorful”.
    Now I was not on the team and as the saying goes, “if ya were’nt between the sheets, ya don’t really know”.
    Maybe he was a problem, but it was the bullpen that could not hold a lead the entire season, not Bradley. If the term “Firemen” applies to a good bullpen, the term “Pyromaniac” applies to the Cubs bullpen.
    So even if he was a problem, those guys were not doing their job, they have to throw strikes.
    The Bradley thing just served the purpose of taking the heat of a lame front office that can’t build a working farm system.
    The Cubs front office is the Chrysler Corporation of baseball.

2. bms - Jan 6, 2010 at 2:12 PM

Bruce, get a freaking life idiot. You suck, better yet why don’t you take out a full page ad in the paper blasting Craig and praising Milton for taking the high road. You actually may be Milton, as much as you whine.

3. ASmith - Jan 7, 2010 at 9:35 AM

I thought this was legit, and I would not of been surprised if it had been. And for Craig, Come on guys, lighten up, you really think posting your angry comments will change his writing style ? If you dont like it then press the back button and read something else.

4. talex - Jan 13, 2010 at 3:53 PM

Wow, everything you print is idiotic. At least you’re consistent. Please give us the time and date when you’re going to pour gasoline over yourself in the street and light yourself on fire!

5. Gudrun Dearment - Jan 14, 2010 at 2:26 PM

I can see that you are an expert at your field! I am launching a website soon, and your information will be very useful for me.. Thanks for all your help and wishing you all the success in your business.

6. razor - Jan 15, 2010 at 1:00 PM

Reading through this represents about 5 minutes of my life I can’t ever get back, which is my fault.
    Nice work, Craig…

7. Marquita Lietz - Jan 16, 2010 at 7:43 PM

Very nice site!

8. Clemente Gotto - Feb 6, 2010 at 2:50 AM

Hullo, how are you? I truly like your blog! I was wondering if you can help me (im sure other readers may also be curious). I want to get into writing a blog as well and I at the moment write a blog with WordPress, but it is quite confusing for me to create and I would instead like to try to make my blog using movable type instead to see if it might be easier. As a movable type webmaster yourself, do u maybe know were i can learn online tutorials to be able to do this? Thank you

9. wordpress templates - Feb 14, 2010 at 1:07 PM

Great blog post, thanks for the info.

10. hydroxatone review - Feb 18, 2010 at 1:05 AM

It wouldnt be good for her to take him back because he carries a lot of baggage with the kids and all

This was 'the perfect baseball game'
  1. S. Kazmir (5498)