Dec 22, 2009, 8:07 PM EDT
Jon Paul Morosi of FOX reports that the Nats are near a deal with Everyday Eddie Guardado. Guardado went 1-2 with a 4.46 ERA in 48 relief outings for the Rangers this year. He had talked about retiring at the end of last season, but he has a left arm, however, which means he’ll probably be able to pitch until they pry the ball from his cold dead fingers.
So if Jason Marquis is going to be the father figure for the rotation, does that make Eddie Guardado the Yoda of the Nats’ pen?
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 50
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 15
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 114
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 54
- Pete Rose will be allowed to participate in All-Star Game festivities 69
- Career over? Joe Nathan needs Tommy John surgery 31
- Contact and controversy in the ninth inning of last night’s Dodgers-Giants game 54
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (115)