Dec 22, 2009, 8:07 PM EDT
Jon Paul Morosi of FOX reports that the Nats are near a deal with Everyday Eddie Guardado. Guardado went 1-2 with a 4.46 ERA in 48 relief outings for the Rangers this year. He had talked about retiring at the end of last season, but he has a left arm, however, which means he’ll probably be able to pitch until they pry the ball from his cold dead fingers.
So if Jason Marquis is going to be the father figure for the rotation, does that make Eddie Guardado the Yoda of the Nats’ pen?
- Matt Williams on Bryce Harper’s ejection: “He needs to stay in the baseball game” 1
- UPDATE: C.J. Wilson needs elbow surgery and will likely miss the rest of the season 8
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 34
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 176
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 74
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 37
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 65
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (176)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)