Dec 22, 2009, 8:07 PM EST
Jon Paul Morosi of FOX reports that the Nats are near a deal with Everyday Eddie Guardado. Guardado went 1-2 with a 4.46 ERA in 48 relief outings for the Rangers this year. He had talked about retiring at the end of last season, but he has a left arm, however, which means he’ll probably be able to pitch until they pry the ball from his cold dead fingers.
So if Jason Marquis is going to be the father figure for the rotation, does that make Eddie Guardado the Yoda of the Nats’ pen?
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 12
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 32
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 103
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 45
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 16
- What they’re saying about the passing of Cubs legend Ernie Banks 7
- Alex Rodriguez recently met with incoming MLB commissioner Rob Manfred 15
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 75
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (144)
- Max Scherzer’s seven-year deal with Nationals worth $210 million (119)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (107)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)