Dec 22, 2009, 8:07 PM EDT
Jon Paul Morosi of FOX reports that the Nats are near a deal with Everyday Eddie Guardado. Guardado went 1-2 with a 4.46 ERA in 48 relief outings for the Rangers this year. He had talked about retiring at the end of last season, but he has a left arm, however, which means he’ll probably be able to pitch until they pry the ball from his cold dead fingers.
So if Jason Marquis is going to be the father figure for the rotation, does that make Eddie Guardado the Yoda of the Nats’ pen?
- Video: Jake Arrieta strikes out Chase Utley to complete his no-hitter 3
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 19
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 9
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 6
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 13
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 55
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 10
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)