Dec 22, 2009, 12:09 PM EST
A New Hampshire woman has been convicted of
second-degree murder for hitting a man with her car after he taunted her for
being a New York Yankees fan . . . [Ivonne Hernandez] was accused of killing 29-year-old Matthew Beaudoin in a
Nashua parking lot in May 2008.
Hernandez testified that she was terrified because Beaudoin and others
harassed her about the Yankees sticker on her car and pounded on her windows
when she made a comment about how many World Series they had won compared with
the Boston Red Sox.
I haven’t read the trial testimony or anything, but I can’t help but think that the substance of this is being misrepresented or at least overblown. Back when I first wrote about these people, the victim’s girlfriend was telling the press that the Yankees-Red Sox angle had nothing to do with this, and that there was an underlying dispute. I tended to believe the girlfriend because no one is so psycho that they’re going to get into what amounts to a death battle over baseball teams, right?
But apparently there’s at least something to it. In any event, to be on the safe side, the next time I start a Yankees-Sox thread, let’s all chill out in the comments, OK?
- Yasmany Tomas signs a six-year, $68.5 million deal with the Diamondbacks 59
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 156
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 33
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 68
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 43
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 26
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (158)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (138)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (132)