Dec 23, 2009, 9:08 PM EDT
“I know I don’t fit their payroll,” Damon said. “We’ve had a little bit of communication with them, but my price is too high right now. I don’t think I’m their solution.”
Despite the Yankees’ signing of Nick Johnson, it’s conceivable that Damon could return to the Bronx. The Yankees can’t be comfortable with Brett Gardner as their everyday left fielder can they? If Damon just lowers his asking price, maybe something will get done. Even Damon seems to allude to that with his “my price is too high right now” comment.
I just hope someone signs him soon, because the world really doesn’t need any more of this. Ever.
Follow me on Twitter at @bharks.
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore 88
- Cardinals confirm Adam Wainwright is done for season with torn Achilles 15
- Source: Josh Hamilton rejected a trade to a National League team because he wanted to go back to Texas 35
- Deal done: Josh Hamilton traded to the Texas Rangers for cash considerations 40
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 350
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 60
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 5
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (350)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (188)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (161)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)