Dec 23, 2009, 9:08 PM EDT
“I know I don’t fit their payroll,” Damon said. “We’ve had a little bit of communication with them, but my price is too high right now. I don’t think I’m their solution.”
Despite the Yankees’ signing of Nick Johnson, it’s conceivable that Damon could return to the Bronx. The Yankees can’t be comfortable with Brett Gardner as their everyday left fielder can they? If Damon just lowers his asking price, maybe something will get done. Even Damon seems to allude to that with his “my price is too high right now” comment.
I just hope someone signs him soon, because the world really doesn’t need any more of this. Ever.
Follow me on Twitter at @bharks.
- The beauty of belief 8
- MLB to test new pace-of-play rules in the Arizona Fall League — including a pitch clock 30
- Playoff Reset: The National League Wild Card Game 15
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 3
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 25
- Royals complete thrilling comeback to defeat A’s in the American League Wild Card Game 69
- Josh Hamilton declares himself ready for the ALDS 3
- Wild Card Game: A’s vs. Royals lineups 15
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)