Dec 23, 2009, 4:55 PM EST
That’s not me gushing over the guy — my love for Jeter is a private thing — it’s the name of a new exhibit at the Yogi Berra Museum and Learning Center (“Learning Center?” For Yogi?):
The big item on display is the original Sports Illustrated Sportsman of
the Year Award. First given out in 1954, every winner’s name is
engraved in it. Of course, Jeter won the honor this year, the first
Yankees player ever so honored.
Given the title of the exhibit, the name of the museum in which it appears and the nature of the centerpiece of the display, I’m going to go out on a limb and guess that no one will be picketing this thing for uncovering harsh truths like they did with that Enola Gay exhibit at the Air and Space Museum a few years back.
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (133)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)